By Anonymous - 07/05/2009 17:22 - United States

Today, I went to the pet store to get mice for my mom's snakes. While checking out, the guy working behind the register asked what kind of snakes I had. I told him they were my mom's and he mentioned this crazy woman that talks to her snakes. That's my mom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 761
You deserved it 4 692

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Minstrels 0

Why is it so crazy to talk to your pet? As long as you don't expect them to talk back, I see no problem. And if anything, it's more like "**** your mom's life", yo. :P Edit: I'm so glad jiequals3 got first and wasn't a dumb bitch and shouted first. Thank you, good person. :]

TornadoChaser 0

Most people talk to their dogs, snakes aren't any different. I would remind him that it's probably not a good policy to bad mouth costumers to other costumers. What is he going to say about you to the next guy in line?

Comments

adelaide_evening 0

You should've told him about how you once had this crazy cashier that always insulted your family members. Something similar happened to me one time. A few years ago I was working drive through, and this lady pulled up WAY too far and missed the window. My mom was the next person in line, and she didn't realize the lady pulled up too far and just thought she was driving off. The lady came back around and went on this rant about how the person in front of her was such a bitch and purposely didn't back up just to be rude and blah, blah, blah. One of my coworkers heard though and was like, "Hey! Wasn't that your mom who just came through here!?"

adelaide_evening 0

And I think the poster meant it was more of an FML because her mom is well known as this embarrassing, crazy snake whisperer, not because some cashier mentioned it to her.

#11..... I'm going to go ahead and assume that you were using sarcasm. Otherwise your comment confuses me greatly, because it makes no sense in response to the story. I mean, is it nice to put an FML about your mom because she talks to snakes? Maybe not exactly, but in now way does it require a response like yours.

adelaide_evening 0

I think #11 was referring to how they are feeding mice to their snake, and thus calling them sick for it. It may be gruesome, but it's the food chain. Of course, it would be perfectly humane to let the snake die a long, drawn out death from starvation.

Komatose 0

You should've let him run his mouth, and then told him it's your mom. Then you should've demanded free stuff or you'd speak to his manager. Seriously, you don't work at a ******* petstore if you don't expect to meet people who are crazy about their pets.

As long as she doesn't sleep with them, she's not that crazy.

People talk to their pets all the time. It's not weird.

average_girl 0

today a kid came to the check out counter with some mice for her snakes. i ask what types of snakes they had and they told me the snakes were their mom's. that totally reminded me of this crazy lady, that i know, that talks to her snakes. i told 'em the story. i find out seconds later that the crazy lady is the kid's mom. FML!!!