By Anonymous - 25/06/2009 06:00 - United States

Today, I went to the movies. After it was over I got up and noticed a designer purse sitting on the ground in the back row. I opened it to look for anything that could give me a address so I could return it. The owner came back, assumed I was robbing her, and punched me in the nose. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 797
You deserved it 6 382

Same thing different taste

Top comments

why the hell would she leave it sitting on the ground in the first place? fyl.

L0veh8te 0

You should snapped your fingures and say ohh no you didnt, then Bitch Slap her and walked away while throwing her purse across the theatre.

Comments

smiley_girl 0

I hope you got to explain what had happened. I hate it when all you try to do is help and people are just rude in return. And I was number 600 to push the "it definatly is" button

christopherlove 0

Admit it, you were looking for her cash. YDI. Any normal person would simply take it to management without digging through it. She shouldn't have punched you, but you shouldn't have opened it.

Do you really think the lady would have reacted any differently if she had seen the OP taking her purse? She'd still assume the OP was a thief, rather than someone who was trying to be a good person and taking the purse to someone who could help.

chimmy 0

"Any normal person"? I'm glad I spend my time around "abnormal" people who would be like the OP, caring enough to try to reunite a person with her purse. You leave it to customer service and the person NEVER gets it. (That's the way it is where I work)

TBH, that's not an unfair assumption to make. She forgot her purse in a public place, and found some stranger digging through it when she got back. Were I in her place, I'd probably assume you were stealing my stuff too. You didn't deserve it. Just another example of "No good deed goes unpunished"

FYL for being punched just for trying to do something good. However, in the future, the proper thing would have been to wait a few minutes to see if the owner returned, and then, if not, to bring the purse to an employee or someone official to take care of it.

meadowlark 0

That will teach her to leave her stuff unattended in a public area. What an idiot.

Sorry you got punched out by a waste of skin. Stupid violent people make the world a sad place. Of course, smart violent people also make the world a sad place but that's another FML.

#19 i dont make the world a bad place for everyone, i make the world a nice place for me

What were you doing in the back row? Surely you wouldn't have noticed the purse if you were making out like I see every 1 out of 3 times I go to the movies... you must be one of the other 2 that go by themselves... lol

Maybe the OP isn't 14 and doesn't need to make out at the movies.

tweetspie 0

FML needs a like button like facebook has because I LOVE THIS COMMENT

It doesn't pay to be nice anymore. People are too judgmental nowadays. If that had been me, I would have decked her, and taken the purse just because she was a bitch.

hurdy 0

A perfect example of why people don't help each other any more. Sad really.