By ouch - 07/04/2015 01:51 - United States - Union City

Today, I stopped to replace a stuffed bear that had fallen from a small memorial for a girl killed nearby. Her mom happened to walk by and thought I was stealing it. She hit me with her purse. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 565
You deserved it 2 475

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sometimes I feel that even if you can do something good, but there is a chance you will get in trouble, DON'T DO IT.

Comments

Sometimes I feel that even if you can do something good, but there is a chance you will get in trouble, DON'T DO IT.

ExtremeEncounter 32

Who would think there'd be a chance to get in trouble from replacing a teddy bear?

Exactly. It's idiotic that she would think you'd do that. Plus, if the OP's an adult, or even a teen, do you really think it would look like they're stealing? MOST adults don't steal teddy bears. Except in Ted.

In the UK not too long ago, a 16 year old girl was killed on a bus while on her way to school. Some time later CCTV footage was released of a woman who must have been in her late thirties minimum, stealing the flowers from this poor girls grave. Who knows why, but there are some sick, twisted people out there.

Sorry, I've just looked it up, she didn't steal flowers but trinkets from her gravestone.

2, I hope your suggestion isn't to just stop doing good deeds altogether.

Just explain what you are doing hopefully she would understand

Aww it was a nice gesture OP. I'm sure the mom is still devastated and a bit unhinged from losing her daughter....

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

yeah cuz that's a great way to calm a grieving parent

That's terrible, but you have to understand that the mother is in grief and caught you at a bad moment. I'm sure if the places were switched you would have done the same thing.

Sometimes being kind hurts. But keep it. Karma will reward you.

Steffi3 40

Why would anyone want to steal from a memorial? I'm sorry she misunderstood you, OP, that sucks.

Some people just don't have the same morals as others. A few years back there were some older women taking flowers from gravestones at my local cemetery because they didn't want to buy their own.

That's so sad I hoped you explained what you were doing to the mother