By me:( - 16/07/2013 23:44 - United States - Romulus

Today, I went to the grocery store with my husband, only to find that his ex-wife worked there. Then I found out he never actually divorced her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 613
You deserved it 5 145

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cottoncandymango 17

How is it legally possible for him to be married to two women?

Comments

JJ_Rokk 10

See if your marriage is annulled? Seriously though, that sucks ass...

thrAsHeRr9081 16

..and not in the good way either.

That's horrible...find someone better than that "cheating" scoundrel...

conholio33 28

How is that possable??? But yeah sorry to hear that OP guess its time to kick him to the curb

ilovera 7

Everyone is saying divorce him but they are apparently not even married. That's the problem people.

Ultimawolf25 19

They are if she used the words 'my husband'.

Is that all it takes? She probably used "my husband" because she thought they were legally married. I'm not entirely certain if they are - at least, in the eyes of the law. She definitely needs a lawyer just now.

#22 - Saying "the man I believed that I married but actually turned out not to be my husband at all" or similar would have ruined the FML

Ultimawolf25 19

Why would she use those words then? Obviously she believes they were married so they must have completed the process. Yes he may have still been married to his first wife or whatever but that doesn't mean OP wasn't married to him as well. If she used the words 'my fiance' then this would be different. I'm only going by what little information I get from the fml just like anybody else, and apparently they are/were married unless op did not use the correct term.

monnanon 13

i see what your getting at but whether they signed the register and bit the whole ceremony is beside the point. being married to someone else nullifys everything. she used husband because she believed it to be so but in thr eyes of the law yoy cannot legally be married to someone who is already married.

In the eyes if the law your in a sticky situation. Sadly you need a lawyer and I hope it's just your husbands ex being a jerk rather then your husband being one.

Your "Your" versus "you're" use is incorrect in your first sentence. Please be more mindful next time. Please remember to use an apostrophe when referring to "husbands". Having said that, I do agree with your viewpoint.

graceinsheepwear 33

26, please remember that you are on a fun forum and not grading papers. You ruin the mood for everyone with your nitpicking.

Maybe the OP and 'husband' are only Facebook married.

graceinsheepwear 33

The "first," in other words, legal, wife could be entitled to half his property in a divorce settlement, including anything he acquired while he was with OP.

RedPillSucks 31

In addition, the 2nd wife is probably not covered under the husbands medical insurance. So if she's not working outside the home she better not get sick.

I would be so piss. I hope everything works out because you technically are single and he can get into legal problem if he is not divorce. I hope he was not playing the two family game.

well atleast he is not your husband anymore