By DMitch - 15/05/2011 19:29 - United States

Today, I went to Subway with my girlfriend. Just as the time came for her to pay, she went to the car to grab her purse. She didn't come back. I found a note on the windshield saying, "It's over." FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 875
You deserved it 14 444

Same thing different taste

Top comments

dude it's subway just pay for it and get over it. $5 footlongs duh!

Maybe it was because you couldn't give her a footlong?

Comments

You got dumped for 2 reasons: 1- You expected her to pay for your food 2- You took her to subway in the first place YDI for being a broke ass mo fo and a shit boyfriend!!

Egnar 19

Don't see why the guy should have to pay for everything - When dating someone I expect that I'll pay roughly 70% of date expenses [usually 100% in the first month]. After that, if she hasn't even offered to pay for something it's obvious that while she may like me she also has a misconception that guys are made of money and girls don't need to contribute, which can end poorly down the line.

And what's wrong with taking her to Subway?

BAMF519 0

haha o I love when people say mo fo instead of mother ******.... well I'm good wit both actully!

I believe in equal rights... pay for what u have! if I order a drink and she orders half the menu then she better have the cash... and subway is not the place to go on a date... mcdonalds maybe

ADub55 0

Thats why she makes the sandwich! Now you have to pay for one and you have no girl!

Are you kidding? His meal ticket dumped him and ran off. He probably didn't get his own sandwich much less hers.

ThatLooksSticky 16

Always make sure you have the car keys and your girl has her purse so she has no way to escape and no reason to.

Darlings, women are not helpless and poor anymore. They can pay for the food once in a while you know. It's better for a relationship if both parties pay back and forth, or pool in together.

agreed...which is why it sounds like op deserved it. there's only so much space allowed, so there's probably more backstory to this, but the wording makes it seem like his ex footed the bill for EVERYTHING, and she agreed to eat at Subway (not known for its high prices or five-star meals) under the impression that he would finally chip in. as long as both parties are able, each should buy meals, and I doubt op was doing his fair share.

Maybe she got tired of paying everything for you.

Egnar 19

Seems like you dodged a bullet from a girl that runs from her problems instead of confronts them [by breaking up with you face-to-face, or, even managing a phone conversation]. This shows her character in MANY areas of her life as being poor.

BAMF519 0

haha u leave really long comments for FMLs but most of them r true and good advice!:) feel free to reply

BAMF519 0

haha u leave really long comments for FMLs but most of them r true and good advice!:) feel free to reply

Egnar 19

Just call me Dr. Phil - Except not fat, old or creepy. . .Actually, don't call me Dr. Phil at all.

BAMF519 0

haha ur really really funny nd I'm wit u on dat one I actually think that Dr Phil is a pedophile between me nd you haha!:)

BAMF519 0

o yah nd feel free to reply!;)

hamster_10 2

there are so many girls on here saying 'you are the man you should have paid.' Yet when it comes to employment and wages etc their all for equality. You asked for equality ladies and you got it, now it goes both ways...

CateXOX 0

You went on a date with your girlfriend to SUBWAY?!

Who says it was a date? They were in a relationship.

CateXOX 0

My bad, I guess I just jumped to conclusions on that one.