By lady_jeni - 09/07/2009 07:29 - United States

Today, I went to see my grandmother. She has alzheimers and doesn't remember me sometimes, and today she thought I was her sister and that I was trying to steal my grandfather from her. She hit me with a cane and called me a slut. FML
I agree, your life sucks 60 512
You deserved it 3 232

Same thing different taste

Top comments

blueflare21 3

Wow that was probably the most awkward moment you can ever live lol

santaCLAUZx 0

that's a little funny but it's not like she really knew the reality of the situation.lmao.

Comments

PeptoAbysmal 0

Alzheimer's is no joke. It's organic brain damage that can entail psychotic and dangerous behavior. I'm an RN and have cared for little old ladies who will try to strangle you. I don't know where they get their strength. I'd look into medicating her and seek other treatment with a gerontologist. People love to screech, "You're doping her up for your convenience!" However, as proven, she is a danger to others and possibly herself. If she was schizophrenic and performing the same actions, people would castigate you for not medicating her. Good luck.

skullbuster 0

Finally, some level headed advice. As an M.D. who received my education at the Hollywood Upstairs Medical College under the tutelage of Dr Nick Riviera - and then completed my psychiatric residency and neuropsych fellowship under the direction of the world-reknowned Dr. Marvin Monroe (of his eponymous clinic), I couldn't agree more with the idea of providing unsolicited medical advice that includes doping up poor grandma before she mauls everyone in their sleep, while advertising your status as a licensed practitioner to complete strangers, under anonymous nicknames, on an entertainment website! KUDOS! Shhhh, I won't tell the insurance company if you don't!

Ocean_Sunset 0

How has no one replied to this comment? LOL awesome comment #65

Ocean_Sunset 0

As for the FML, I really do think it was just that she needed an outlet for her pain from being in this situation and seeing her loved one loose so much of herself. I can only imagine how horrible it feels to see someone you love like that. I don't think she meant to imply that we should laugh at her grandmother or that Alzheimer's is funny. It's just a crazy situation to be in and maybe talking about it will make her feel better.

I'm sorry, but I lol'd when I read that. D: That's terrible, though.

Wait, english not my first language, you dating your grandfather? that is wrong

skullbuster 0

Darn tootin - you tell her BarfPuddle! Dating grandpa is wrong!