By Nathan - 23/03/2009 20:09 - United States

Today, I went to see a therapist for the first time because I've been feeling depressed lately. I opened up and said everything that was on my mind. I really spilled my guts. After a good 30 minutes, her first question was, "Do you always talk this much?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 75 312
You deserved it 7 868

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Actually I know from expierence that this is not a lie. I went to a therapist for the same reason and she asked me what had been on my mind, I have hard time opening up to people as it is but figured that it was her job to listen (plus I was paying her enough to listen) after telling her everything and tell her how I felt, she looked at me straight in the face and told me I talked too much!

Oh, I thought people went to therapists to talk about their problems. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Comments

suckishness. but it always gets better. for example, my gf dumped me for some ugly bastard three weeks ago. I am currently swamped with attention by at least half a dozen beautiful women. side note: PLEASE DONT READ THIS! In 1905, gray sky shrouded the anxious northern ocean. In cold wind, she was standing on the cliff, waiting for him. No one ever found her until 2000 when a young girl called Mary found her body and markings on her chest saying: “She is a mystery, with exotic gracefulness” and now you have read this she will appear in your mirror and kill you. To be saved paste this to 5 other videos. THIS IS TRUE

Thus why I'm not going to waste my time or my money going to see a therapist. I do better on my own and with my closest friends. :)

22cute 17

I'm sure if that "fair question" was what she asked she would have explained that to OP.

22cute 17

it's a God complex - even some thrapists are prone to them

Lucianus_Lycan 7

Listening to you talk is what she's paid to do. What a bitch.

Wow, she is a total bitch. She's being PAID to listen to you moan and whine (sorry for the blunt wording). If she doesn't like it, get her fired for not doing her job properly.

My parents took me to a therapist quite a few years ago when I was a teenager. Being as I trust almost nobody and the therapy wasnt my idea, I refused to talk. When the therapist asked what was on my mind. I told him nothing I wanted to tell him. He said to me that it didnt really matter to him because he gets paid either way. And whats worse my parents didnt even believe me when I came out of the session crying.

And why would that be your FML? Okay, bad move for a psychologist, but honestly - you don't want to talk, you don't have to talk. And then you start crying because that's okay?

if a patient (you in this case) refuses to help the process along at all... its not the doctor's fault. And that's a standard comment they make. Most of the time, it will break the ice and start conversations. In your case, you stayed completely shut down and cried to your parents.

doglover100 28