Thrifty

By Viscerion - 24/04/2023 07:30 - Australia

Today, even though I recently started earning $75000 per year, my partner still got angry at me because I spent $10 online. FML
I agree, your life sucks 830
You deserved it 118

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Viscerion 11

I work nights, so I bought a sleep mask, so I sleep better in the day.

We don't know what you spent it on. If you bought a virtual blow-job on OnlyFans, she'd have every right!

Comments

We don't know what you spent it on. If you bought a virtual blow-job on OnlyFans, she'd have every right!

It often comes down to what you spent it on. I am an electronic engineer and collect antique radios. My wife is sometimes not happy if I buy electronic parts online if the packages come too often. But she loves clothes and accessories - If I buy shirts or jeans or something like that she’s fine with it even if it costs more than the box of parts I got the day before… And it goes without saying that if you are patronizing an “OnlyFans” or related account, it’s not the $10 you partner is upset about.

Viscerion 11

I work nights, so I bought a sleep mask, so I sleep better in the day.

Something it took me far too long to learn, whatever they say they are mad at you for is rarely the root of the actual issue. Though I imagine if you're married you already know what this is really about.

ODBeefalo 10

I she does not come from money, there is a good chance it is an ingrained way of thinking. I make a little less that that and every dollar I spend tends to have regrets, even if it makes no real financial impact. I do the math at the grocery store or when I buy things, looking to save 50c. because I grew up where every purchase was a question, and I bought my own things with the little money I made from my paper route, and we were alright financially, just a hard to shake mindset.

BoulderDashTank19141 6

do you normally have a problem with spending even small amounts when your low on funds? have you up until this point not been able to pay your bills comfortably or so you have debts? that's probably why. you just started making the money.