By JamesK - 15/12/2016 23:23

Today, I went out with my kids to eat at a nice restaurant. While I was in the bathroom, my 7-year-old daughter ordered 15 plates of "pearls" on the menu. Those "pearls" turned out to be salmon caviar. Guess who got a 425$ bill. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 948
You deserved it 2 635

Same thing different taste

Top comments

what kind of restaurant takes an order from a 7 year old without an adult around

I would have talked to the manager that waiter took advantage of the situation. This is one of those few instances that I would not tip. I hope you enjoyed your pearls though (:

Comments

I would complain to the manager, what kind of waitress/waiter would take an order from a child without a parent present

Perhaps this is the kind of restaurant that you can place an order on a tablet so it would go straight to the kitchen and the server may not have been aware of it.

Why would you pay for that? I'd call the cops myself. Any reasonable cop would laugh at the restaurant, and warn them to not let children order.

AtomicLondon 8

Okay, yes.. We can all agree that the waiter/waitress was an idiot. But seriously, how long did you leave your seven year old alone? Sorry OP, you deserve it.

Just wondering, don't you get the bill at the end of the meal? Does that mean you ate the caviar and then complained when you got the bill or you realised the price of the bill when you saw the 15 plates?

Sorry, even though the server should have had more common sense, you deserved it. Why would you leave a young child by herself? You should have taken her with you when you went to the restroom. Ordering $400 worth of caviar is not the worst thing that could have happened. What is wrong with you?

You couldn't cancel the order qhen you got back to the table? Or better yet, how didn't the waiter know better than trusting that massive of an order from a kid??