By JamesK - 15/12/2016 23:23

Today, I went out with my kids to eat at a nice restaurant. While I was in the bathroom, my 7-year-old daughter ordered 15 plates of "pearls" on the menu. Those "pearls" turned out to be salmon caviar. Guess who got a 425$ bill. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 948
You deserved it 2 635

Same thing different taste

Top comments

what kind of restaurant takes an order from a 7 year old without an adult around

I would have talked to the manager that waiter took advantage of the situation. This is one of those few instances that I would not tip. I hope you enjoyed your pearls though (:

Comments

what kind of parent leaves a young child unattended in a public place I honestly say you deserved it

I agree that you should have fought the bill, IF you did it right away. I get frustrated with people who take advantage of ordering errors and expect to be compensated for a meal that they finished. If you tell them about the problem and they let you keep the meal instead of throwing it away, great! But don't wait to say anything until after you've eaten it all.

You're in trouble there - that's a kid with expensive tastes.

Ordering food is a verbal contract to pay. Minors can't legally enter into contracts. The restaurant is legally in the wrong for entering into a contract with a minor who most certainly not know what they were ordering, pearls. You shouldn't have paid for the dish.

I feel like in the 5 minutes you were in the bathroom they wouldnt have had 15 plates sent to the table for that long. You couldve sent them back having not actually ordered them.

I doubt they were brought to the table that quickly. Probably OP learned of it after being back at the table and all the plates showing up a bit later. Actually, I doubt that this happened at all, but I believe OP intended the story to read that way.

I work in a concession stand and when kids order something without their parents paying attention I will not get it until they are aware of what their child is ordering.

Seriously, does anyone believe this actually happened?

Most people here are dumb and/or naive enough, so I'd say yes...

What kind of dumbass server doesn't double check with the parents about what the child is ordering? I would be raising hell about that for sure.

polsen4273 8

If you paid the bill, you definately deserve it. Mark.