By JamesK - 15/12/2016 23:23

Today, I went out with my kids to eat at a nice restaurant. While I was in the bathroom, my 7-year-old daughter ordered 15 plates of "pearls" on the menu. Those "pearls" turned out to be salmon caviar. Guess who got a 425$ bill. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 948
You deserved it 2 635

Same thing different taste

Top comments

what kind of restaurant takes an order from a 7 year old without an adult around

I would have talked to the manager that waiter took advantage of the situation. This is one of those few instances that I would not tip. I hope you enjoyed your pearls though (:

Comments

I mean looking at the price, I understand why the waiter was eager to sell 15 of them. That's a nice tip for him haha

Why take young kids to an upscale restaraunt in the first place? Kids are just as happy going out to eat at Chilis or Red Robin as they are at some fancy smancy place. And as someone said...what the hell was wrong with your server that they allowed a 7 year old to order 15 plates of caviar? I would have downright refused to pay that.

When my siblings and I were younger, we knew the difference between high quality food and not-so-high-quality food. That doesn't mean we demanded to eat at steak restaurants all the time or that we would turn up our noses at Chili's or something; we were grateful for what we got and when we went to nice restaurants we knew we were being treated and it was special. But the point is we could recognize and appreciate good food. Kids may be inexperienced, but they aren't stupid and they shouldn't be treated like second class citizens.

When I was growing up, there were points in my life where we had no food in the house, and were lucky to get fast food like subway and Taco Bell... You know how much I enjoyed that Taco Bell and subway? I ******* loved it. I've literally been to chilli's twice in my life, just a couple times during my childhood.

So your point is that because you had it hard, no other kid should be allowed to eat in a post restaurant?

That server was an idiot. You don't take an order that insanely expensive from a CHILD sitting UNSUPERVISED at the table. I would have spoken to the manager and returned the food, this is not your fault.

As a server, I look to parents if the kids so much as ask for a soda refill. Some would rather them have water like my parents when I was younger. It's just the respectful thing to do. That server has no integrity you should not have had to pay that bill I hope you sent them back ...

Honestly I would have refused to pay. Who the hell takes and punches in an order from a 7 year old who has no parental supervision, especially if it's for 15 of something, and something that expensive? That server is stupid as hell, and I would definitely not have paid.

I really hope you told them to roll up the bill and put it where the sun doesn't shine. A 7 year old is not legally competent to place a legally binding ordee, and you had NO legal obligation to pay it.

I'm calling BS on this one. 15 plates of salmon caviar and either the server was THAT incompetent at a restaurant that serves caviar? And a restaurant that has caviar probably doesn't have a kiosk for you to order at the table.