By clementine_k - 22/03/2009 02:38 - United States

Today, I went out for coffee with a guy I really like. We met up at the local café, and decided to sit at a counter in front of the window. We talked and flirted for a while. Then he kissed me, and while he was kissing me someone banged on the window. It was my parents. They didn't know I'm gay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 100 855
You deserved it 35 638

Same thing different taste

Top comments

#1 is right... if you did tell them before though, make them feel horrible for not listening to you. Don't worry about it though, if you like someone go for it. Don't let anyone change who you are, especially your parents, they have too much control over you as it is.

Comments

#30- I don't really care when two guys kiss in public, or two girls, or a guy and a girl. As long as they keep it classy and don't go overboard, it's not a big deal. So I'd say your theory that "no one wants to see what you two were doing" is a pretty big generalization. And it's not disrespectful to kiss in public on a first date...it's called normal?

matwin_fml 0

They were kissing for long enough for his parents to walk up, recognize, and pound, thats not a classy first date kiss.

lol i love how many comments got moderated haha... so many homophobes out there its actually kinda funny that u can get all screwed up just by thinking about 2 guys.. i think homophobes are just like that cuz theyre scared they might be gay, or at least of the possibility that they could be

No one wants to see anyone going at it in public, but it doesn't matter if you're gay or straight. If the fact that it's a gay couple makes people upset, OH ******* WELL. There are people who still get upset at interracial couples but you'd look like the bigot you are if you said 'No one wants to see someone with this skin color and that skin color...IN PUBLIC...blah blah blah' As far as your parents, banging on the window...yikes. Then again they might've done the same if you were kissing a girl inappropriately in public especially if you're young. As far as 'telling people'...ffs, hetero people don't have to say 'Mom, Dad...I'm heterosexual'. Granted, it's a bit more unusual to be bisexual or homosexual, but I hate the whole 'having the talk' idea. Simply be who you are. And when you say shit like 'I'm not sure who's hotter, Capt. Jack or Gwen on Torchwood...I'd do either one of them' people might get the idea you're bisexual. Or maybe that's just me. ;)

I must say you had it coming. If you didn't come out to your parents and then kissed a man in public where anyone could see it... that's just not smart.

justjayit 0

Ohhhh bummer, dude. #40, What are the chances that they would've seen him in the whole city? What if his parents are the kind that would try to send him to some bible camp? Not every parent is accepting, some are very cruel about it, and coming out should be a personal thing, when you're ready.

Sorry about that, man :( and so many disgusting homophobic comments...some people need to get hobbies...lots of them lol

Well, on the bright side, you don't have to worry about an awkward "coming out" speech now...