By Anonymous - 22/03/2009 02:36 - United States

Today, one of my co-workers invited me to a cookout at her house with some other people from my new job. She said to wear my suit. Assuming she had a pool, I showed up in a bikini, only to find everyone else wearing business attire and staring at me like I had lost my mind. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 038
You deserved it 69 606

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why would they be wearing business suits to a cookout? Who does that?

Not so much an FML, you should have asked her to specify. You'll be made fun of, and laughed at about it later.. I suggest when that time comes make a snazzy comment like "Well, I stood out and I had the best outfit there. Always expect me to make an entran (e(insert wink he) e)" Don't dwell on it too much, it'll drive you insane.

Comments

bexox 0

AAAAAAAAAAAahahahahaha! Classic!

woulda been even better if OP was a guy...

Not so much an FML, you should have asked her to specify. You'll be made fun of, and laughed at about it later.. I suggest when that time comes make a snazzy comment like "Well, I stood out and I had the best outfit there. Always expect me to make an entran (e(insert wink he) e)" Don't dwell on it too much, it'll drive you insane.

afallingstar 22

cheesy stuff like that only works in the movies

True, it's really not something to dwell on.

bexox 0

Sorry, #2, but that's kinda cheesy! Just tell the truth, not that big of a deal.

Being cheesy makes it more light hearted... I wouldn't freak out and feel like an idiot when it's brought up later. the best people can laugh at themselves and their mishaps To clarify, I'm not telling her to lie, I'm talking about when it becomes a joke later...

alex_vik 0

Are you kidding me? 'Suit' means bikini now? I could tell she meant an actual suit before I even read that you wore a bikini.

Agree with #5. She would tell you to show up in your SWIMsuit if she wanted you to turn up in your bikini, not just a 'suit'

Why would they be wearing business suits to a cookout? Who does that?

missbadluk 0

That's what I was wondering. Sounds like a "fun" cookout. :-/

Well, you should have asked for clarification - and everyone knows you wear something OVER the bathing suit anyway - because it would have been more common for her to say SWIMsuit, but your mistake was still understandable. There's nothing about a cookout that says "business attire" to me. That's more of a bathing suit occasion. So, two things happened. 1) Your coworker was a poor hostess who clearly has no idea what parties are supposed to be like. 2) You jumped to a conclusion.

alex_vik 0

#7 - What's wrong with suits?

#9: Suits are for the office, not a backyard cookout. Can you really picture a group of people in dark suits and ties sitting outside at a picnic bench, eating hot dogs with mustard? Have you ever been to a cookout like that?