By clementine_k - 22/03/2009 02:38 - United States

Today, I went out for coffee with a guy I really like. We met up at the local café, and decided to sit at a counter in front of the window. We talked and flirted for a while. Then he kissed me, and while he was kissing me someone banged on the window. It was my parents. They didn't know I'm gay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 100 855
You deserved it 35 637

Same thing different taste

Top comments

#1 is right... if you did tell them before though, make them feel horrible for not listening to you. Don't worry about it though, if you like someone go for it. Don't let anyone change who you are, especially your parents, they have too much control over you as it is.

Comments

I don't understand why you people are bashing homophobes, honestly. It's no better than us bashing gays. I don't hate gays - I just don't approve of the lifestyle. Sucks for you man, but it seems like you kinda walked yourself into this one. If you didn't want your parents to know that you were gay then why would it be okay for all of the random strangers witnessing your PDA to know? Try being a little more subtle next time.

fmltotally 0

i agree with #16, it doesnt matter if your **** or hetero and stuff but some people find PDA akward to watch, so being by a window at a local coffee place, probably not the best idea..... maybe your parents dont like PDA, and banged for you to cut it out, i dont know!

chazychazfan 0

I think it's awesome that you found someone you like! My parents freaked out too when they found out I was gay. Hey, they have no control over what you do when it comes to that. Just saying. My friend left his parents house at 16 because they hated him for being gay. He is now pretty much one of the smartest 18% of kids in our nation. He picked himself up when his parents didn't back him up and I think he's amazing. (I also kinda have a crush on him haha) But I support you!!!!

wtfffffff 0
matwin_fml 0

lol @ 47, 44 is double true

#44 - It's a lot easier to let passerbys know than your parents. In fact, parents are often the last people kids come out to for all sorts of reasons. There's actually a lesbian stand-up comedian who's been on TV and everything, who in an interview said "The day before I went on national TV, I came out to my mom. I didn't want my mom watching and going 'What? She's not from Lesbos!'"

permission2laugh 0

your poor parents have to live the rest of their life knowing their son that they have been raising is a total failure. u will never know how much u hurt them.

frozen_heart 0

#44 so you admit to being a homophobe? good to know! "I don't hate you, I just think the way you live your life is sinful and will cause you to burn in hell" riiiiight that's not backhanded at ALL. Makes perfect sense to me!

yo #44, exactly what's the difference between a hetero lifestyle, a gay lifestyle, and a bi lifestyle? really there isn't a difference, just a preference in who you love. just thought i'd throw that out there, and for all you homophobes out there, allow me to ask you something, if you're married or in love with someone, would you still love them if they were the same gender as you are? if not, you don't really love them, just saying. hormones and genitals seperate the males from the females, but we are still the same when you really think about it. a guy can act like a girl and still go for girls, a girl can act like a guy and still go for guys. and, there's a study saying that a gay guy is a true gay whereas a gay girl is a true girl. oops straying away from the fml, to op: awwwwwwww how cute ^_^, does kinda suck that your parents banged on the window during that moment though. if you're old enough to not be bossed around by your parents then you shouldn't have to worry about them too much. but if they're like my gma, good luck man, that's all i gotta say. (sorry fml staff if this is innappropriate, i tried being respectful)

Wait wait wait.... someone honestly tried to stand up against homophobe bashing? That's like standing up against people who speak out against Nazi's or the Klan. I'm sorry #44, but homophobe bashing is TOTALLY acceptable because, unlike gays, homophobes are spewing hate in a public forum, which i believe indeed opens them to a wee bit o criticism.