By Sally256 - 03/05/2009 15:53 - United States

Today, I was with my kids. We saw a tiny little bug and they started freaking out. Trying to show them that bugs are not scary, I picked it up. It bit me and now I have to go to the doctor because my hand is the size of a balloon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 648
You deserved it 27 014

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What bug was it? I mean if it looked dangerous you should've known but if you thought it was a ladybug or something harmless, then that's just bad luck.

Next time listen to your kids. I hate bugs except for ladybugs, butterflies, and caterpillars.

Comments

You should have thrown the bug on the child, then told him to stop being a baby

Carosello 0

ooh too bad it wasn't a radioactive spider O.O >_>

fatfaceunited 0

#10 Spiders are bugs, they aren't insects

you mean, ARACHNIDS? "bug" is a generic term that includes both insects and arachnids.

Lancerman7449 0

Next time read up on the little critters that inhabit your home surroundings. Many spiders and insects can actually be pretty dangerous, or if nothing else have very painful bites and stings. Some things should be killed on sight, especially if you find them inside the house.

#4, that isn't the best thing to do, however it's also not ok to say they're all harmless. I can understand that the OG was trying to make her not scared of bugs, because I know so many people over the age of 20 who piss their pants everytime there is an ant, as if it is the end of the world. So, I say make your child not scared of bugs but also don't "make them angry" lets say.

There is a middle ground between freaking out because a bug is in your vicinity and trying to pick it up. Teach your kids not to try to touch bugs because many of them will not appreciate it and bite back. But equally, as long as you're not bugging it, the bug won't hurt you. And #10, they're arachnids. 8 legs. Insects have 6. Bug is a suborder of insects, technically.

how is this karma? it's unlucky maybe, but could have scarred the children for life!!

I'm guessing it was a conenose beetle.