By Anonymous - 12/11/2012 06:14 - United States

Today, I was visiting family in Oregon. I did not know it was illegal to pump your own gas; the cops were involved. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 555
You deserved it 2 553

Same thing different taste

Top comments

loserboii 11

"Sir we just need you to stop pumping your own gas." "Why can't I pump my own gas?" "Target isn't replying, shoot to kill!"

Seems odd to me that the worker would call the police before just letting you know. Unless they were passing by of course.

Comments

afairshake 8

Note to self stay the hell out of Oregon that is totally stupid

It is illegal because.... Well just because. I worked at a gas station and i had to inform people of the crazy law. Its no joke. I think its because of all of the old retired ppl that dont wanna get out of their cars. (Cant blame them sometimes) I guess it creates jobs, but not really. It just makes min wage employees run the pumps and the store. Welcome to oregon.

staceya88 1

I live in Oregon and because for safety reasons and health issues that's what I was told

Well, now we know that during the T-Virus outbreak, Oregon will be abundant in gas. People can't get gas from pump, imagine them trying to get it from the ground reservoir. *gets Oregon map*

Wtf ok well not sure i get that law anyone wanna explain or should i just assume that the government in oregon were high when instating that law

Partly to have that many more jobs available to people

Oh wow. I already knew the people in Oregon were a bunch of idiots but this takes the cake. You've been letting your "elected" leaders get in by voter fraud multiple times now, and apparently you don't even have the intelligence to be trusted to pump your own dam gas.

I used to live in Oregon.... I didn't know that either :P

It's illegal because a.) provides work for teenagers.... B.) the attendants have "training" in how to prevent the elusive gas fire while pumping gas.

It's also pay AFTER you pump so.... Sorry for being weird people.... KEEP PORTLAND WEIRD