By Anonymous - 12/11/2012 06:14 - United States

Today, I was visiting family in Oregon. I did not know it was illegal to pump your own gas; the cops were involved. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 555
You deserved it 2 553

Same thing different taste

Top comments

loserboii 11

"Sir we just need you to stop pumping your own gas." "Why can't I pump my own gas?" "Target isn't replying, shoot to kill!"

Seems odd to me that the worker would call the police before just letting you know. Unless they were passing by of course.

Comments

In Oregon they passed a law back in 1970 something making it illegal to pump your own gas, unless its a card lock, so that basically will keep people in jobs. It's retarded, makes our gas higher, even though we have one of the nations highest gas tax rate already but it's supposed to help stabilize jobs. It's not a criminal law but more of a rule done by a fine and no more.

woah, there's seriously a law like that?! strangeeeee

Note to self: never drive in Oregon. I'm not going to let some high school drop out touch my car, even if it is just pumping gas.

I understand the idea of having someone pump your gas but most kids are strait out of high school and barley know how to pump gas without getting it on your car

The best part of this is that those of us who grew up in Oregon (and learned to drive there) are notorious for driving to another state and sitting at a gas pump for 5 solid minutes waiting for an attendant.

Same thing happened in Jersey.....illegal there also....

tcdaboss 2

Wow OP. Never heard of that one. Learn something new daily!!

megamandude455 10

It's illegal to pump your own gas in Oregon? I have family living there too and I didn't even know it was illegal. O.o

TITANlUM 2

Welp, I learned something today.