By HopelessGRLF - 16/12/2016 19:30

Today, I was talking to a guy I met on a dating site, and he asked if we could meet up and what we should do. When I suggested ice-skating he told me he was in a wheelchair, so I said we could go for a walk instead. I realised my mistake the moment I sent the message. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 106
You deserved it 2 170

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well technically you can go for a walk together if you push the wheelchair. That would actually be kinda sweet. No walks on the beach though......wheels would get stuck in the sand.

Just don't make a big deal about it :) I think the way you suggested it is fine. I've heard of blind people saying things like "oh yeah I saw that movie already" instead of saying "heard that movie." Going for a walk is a common phrase that doesn't need to be edited even though he wouldn't technically be walking. You don't have to walk on eggshells every time you talk to him, just speak normally.

Comments

Well technically you can go for a walk together if you push the wheelchair. That would actually be kinda sweet. No walks on the beach though......wheels would get stuck in the sand.

They do have those wheel chairs with big inflatable wheels, I've seen them at the beach on the sand before.

I guess you could say it's course, rough, irritating and gets everywhere

Not disagreeing generally, but he can probably push his own wheelchair.

PePziNL 20

"I don't like sand." -Anakin Skywalker

Wheel maybe next time you should be more chair-ful

Centrifuge 8

I think it's a awesome pun. Not everything needs to be PC.

Going for a walk is fine. And if he turns out to be an ass you can always just walk up a flight of stairs to escape.

Just don't make a big deal about it :) I think the way you suggested it is fine. I've heard of blind people saying things like "oh yeah I saw that movie already" instead of saying "heard that movie." Going for a walk is a common phrase that doesn't need to be edited even though he wouldn't technically be walking. You don't have to walk on eggshells every time you talk to him, just speak normally.

Yeah, he might actually prefer that you put it that way. As long as you didn't screw it up immediately afterwards by apologising all over the place.

its no big deal. it was a faux pas. it shall pass. you can laugh about it o. your walk. Go for a walk mean ing to take a stroll and see the sights. my baby and I walk all the time and I carry her, doesn't mean we don't go for walks together.

species4872 19

Your baby just has very long legs for her age, your legs.

species4872 19

Even though he's in a chair saying going for a walk is fine. Did he reply?

seenoevil818 13

Don't worry op, I'm sure he is okay with the words you chose. I'm in a wheelchair and when ever I go out with friends I mention to them "let's go for a walk" on many occasions. Unless he really gets butt hurt about it, but I don't see why he should. Good luck op.:)