By Mylifesucks - 23/05/2013 05:11 - United States - Lexington

Today, I was stuck in my apartment complex's elevator. I was shouting out for help when a voice came screaming, "This is the fire department." I was relieved until he said, "Just kidding." FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 304
You deserved it 3 413

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Life is full of ups and downs. At least you are temporarilly stable right now. FYL anyways.

Lol that's funny but who ever did that is a jerk. Hopefully you weren't stuck to long on the elevator op

Comments

It's ok OP someone will help you soon! Did you press the emergency button?

Whoever was messing with OP has a great sense of humor!

Is it bad that I just thumbed you down because of your name and JB profile picture?

BellaBelle_fml 23

33, and anyone else who thumbs laurenlovesjb down simply because of her profile photo and name, she commented a while back addressing this subject stating the reasoning behind her support. Correct me if I am mistaken in the details, Lauren, but as I recall it's because she is battling cancer and he came to visit her while she was in hospital. She said that she was not really a big fan of his prior to his visiting her, but he encouraged her so much that she now supports him.

IT_Nird95 9

An appropriate response from a bieber fan..

BellaBelle_fml 23

I am not a Bieber fan. I am, however, a fan of thumbing comments up or down according to their content rather than according to the person making the comment, their profile photo, or their account name.

Lol that's funny but who ever did that is a jerk. Hopefully you weren't stuck to long on the elevator op

toughchick14 15

Well don't worry you will get out soon enough hopefully soon enough for you to go hunt down that jerk with a twisted sense of humor!

Life is full of ups and downs. At least you are temporarilly stable right now. FYL anyways.

I guess that wasn't the lift you needed.

Elevator music for an extended period of time.. Fyl.

There usually isn't elevator music in elevators just the sound of the fan

Yes that makes sense. Calling it elevator music was a trick the music industry used to make people THINK they would hear said music in elevators. Thank you for clearing that awkward situation up for me!

It could be worse OP. The voice could have said "Hi, ma name is Schrödinger. Is my cat in there with you?".

it could have been me, "i want to play a game."

You are correct 16. It could be even worse than what I initially imagined. Well played.

RedPillSucks 31

I'm guessing "Saw" thought I haven't "saw" the movie.... Yuk yuk!

oj101 33

Let's just hope the elevator cord doesn't snap. Oh wait... I'm probably not helping am I?

bamagrl410 31

10 - My worst fear is being stuck in an elevator, mostly for that reason. If someone pranked me like this I'd probably have a panic attack.

32 - Elevators are pretty safe nowadays. You've got 4 to 8 cables, each of which can support the elevator solo. And they generally have fail safe brakes on the tracks, as well. You might wanna take the stairs if the buildings 6 stories or less. Then it could be a hydraulic elevator, and when they fail, they fail hard.

bamagrl410 31

6 stories or less, you say? Stairs it is.

Guess it's the stairs for you from now on OP, learn to love them. On the plus side after a while you can build up enough leg strength to kick that guys ass.