By Noname - 16/03/2009 04:05 - United States

Today, I was rejected from the University of Washington. My dad has been a professor there for 30 years, and is on the board of admissions. FML
I agree, your life sucks 439 364
You deserved it 103 628

Same thing different taste

Top comments

vonstrangle 0

That must be equally embarrassing for him.

Obviously you assumed you could just get in because your daddy works there and probably didn't try to do well in high school. Your loss.

Comments

So? You think you should get in just because your Dad is on the admissions board? Dumbass..

dude, just because ur dad's in a high position there, doesn't mean you've got more chance of entering, jerk

Theres no playing favourites you know. If you think a family member will squeeze you in, I guess you shouldn't be in that university anyway.

Capybara 0

I agree with #5. If you don't deserve to get in on your own merit, you don't deserve to get in.

Maybe you should have gone to UPS or PLU. Don't forget, there's always Evergreen ;)

boooooo UW. You'd probably hate it there anyway-the profs there only care about their research.

dude, # 31, don't be an asshole. You obviously know nothing about UW's acceptance rate right now. 65%? are you kidding me? They didn't let anyone in for spring quarter because of the economic financial crisis, even if they would have normally accepted them. The only time they're accepting students is in the fall, which means that all of the applicants that would have normally applied in the spring/winter or summer quarters ALL have to apply (WITH the thousands of fall applicants already) in the fall. 65% my ass. Don't just assume things before you state them with confidence.

mehwhateverr 0

UW is picky about it's students, I must admit. Unless you are from the state of Washington (which I am assuming you are because your father is a professor there). To those who think the UW isn't a good school, you really need to get some perspective, research is very important to a school. Research is one of the main reasons that the UW is such a great school, and thus is why they are picky about their students.

sorry you didn't get in :( like others have said, you can always try to transfer in next year. or maybe you'll end up going to a school that's actually better for you (which is what happened to me except that i actually did end up at uw). good luck!