By Noname - 16/03/2009 04:05 - United States

Today, I was rejected from the University of Washington. My dad has been a professor there for 30 years, and is on the board of admissions. FML
I agree, your life sucks 439 364
You deserved it 103 628

Same thing different taste

Top comments

vonstrangle 0

That must be equally embarrassing for him.

Obviously you assumed you could just get in because your daddy works there and probably didn't try to do well in high school. Your loss.

Comments

That must suck. But if you're stupid, then you're stupid. Well, maybe not stupid. Just not...smart?

Minstrels 0

Did you just not meet their standards? Because daddy can't fix that. It's unfortunate for you, but if you have a shitty record, you have a shitty record. Best of luck, especially if University of Washington was one of your top choices. Now, if you were a stellar student by all means of the word, that REALLY blows. Just because you were rejected. Not because of your dad.

Damn. That school isn't even hard to get into. You must be really stupid if you got rejected with nepotism on your side. Either you're adopted, or intelligence skips a generation.

Maybe your dad doesn't believe in nepotism?

i think you need to pull the silver spoon out your but and apply yourself. This is of course coming from the king of the slackers; plus those extracurriculars you probably never bothered with are what killed you i suggest you just transfer in later you know if you smart.

fck_it 0

That sucks. Its okay. There are still other schools.

miss_lola 0

In the state of Washington, its a rule that colleges cannot give applicants an advantage based off of if they are a legacy or even if a parent of the applicant works at the college. It's in order to give everyone an equal opportunity, and you know if you get in, you got in because you worked hard and not because of your connections. i went to my college counselor today and we talked about this :) don't worry i'm sure you got into other colleges as well!

miss_lola 0

In the state of Washington, its a rule that colleges cannot give applicants an advantage based off of if they are a legacy or even if a parent of the applicant works at the college. It's in order to give everyone an equal opportunity, and you know if you get in, you got in because you worked hard and not because of your connections. i went to my college counselor today and we talked about this :) don't worry i'm sure you got into other colleges as well!

ideclarewar 0