By tryfailtryget11 - 05/09/2009 04:23 - United States

Today, I was on the phone with my boyfriend. We were messing around and I always jokingly say "You're adopted, nobody loves you" to everybody. His reply, "That's pretty fucked up, I am adopted." He really was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 670
You deserved it 76 833

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OhhxGoshhxAri 0

Oh yeah? Well, YOU'RE adopted, and nobody loves YOU! Ever think of THAT?! >:|

Comments

You didn't know your own boyfriend was adopted?

You say that to everyone? Like you become friends with someone and use that joke on them? You should know that not everyone is going to take that joke the same way. Stick to saying that to your friends who are close enough to not take offense.

That's a horrible thing to say period! I'm adopted and I would be offended by that as well! Perhaps you need to rethink your catchphrase soon?

You deserve it for being an insensitive bitch. I hope he dumped your offensive arse.

I hate it when people say things like that. There is nothing wrong with being adopted. There's no difference between adopted and non adopted people. They all have families that love them. Parents who wanted them and cared for them.

Also, if a person decides to adopt a child, then they obviously really want a child, and will love them and care for them. They wouldn't put themselves through the long, tedious, difficult process of adoption otherwise. The logic behind "you're adopted, no one loves you" is faulty.

His adoptive parents love him enough to pay a lot of money, wait a number of months to adopt him. How did you not know he was adopted?

You better know your boyfriend and his more.