By Anonymous - 15/10/2014 17:07 - United States - Tuscaloosa

Today, I was leading a tour of my university and saw a girl in ripped jeans and combat boots smoking a cigarette. I told her that she shouldn't be representing the school in such a manner. She shot back: "I'm a Presidential Scholar. Suck my dick, bitch." FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 792
You deserved it 58 729

Same thing different taste

Comments

You don't have a right to tell someone how to dress and represent your school haha

People have the right to free expression. If she wasn't breaking the law sorry there ain't a lot you can do. YDI

Moral of the story is don't be rude to people?? Who gives a crap what she looks like

What's presidential scholar? it sounds fancy. 'college' works a little differently in Australia is all :)

College = university. Presidential scholarship is a "full ride" (financial) grant based on academic merit.

NiceGuysDoWin 21

Not just a scholarship. there are about 140 Presidential Scholars chosen each year. It's a really big honor, and celebrates massive achievement. not only do you have to graduate with honors, but do something to really stand out. Most Presidential Scholars speak multiple languages, invent innovative products, start a charitable organisation, or make some other positive impact on society. Many of these exceptional young people are Olympic Athletes, exceptional musicians, and a few have worked for NASA. Most of them are also Mensa level geniuses. It's an award indicating the best of the best of our nation's graduating high school students each year.

thankyou! I know college is uni and I know what a scholarship is I just didn't know what a 'presidential' one was. but you cleared it up perfectly, thanks :)

You totally deserved this. She's awesome, you're not!

So your judging someone as a bad representation of a school because of their clothing, which appears to be non sexual? And that fact that she was smoking a cigarette? Maybe your closed mindedness is the bad representation of the school. Bitch.

iAmPaul 49

She's dressed poorly, and it gives a negative impression. OP was in the right. Presidential scholars shouldn't be dressing and acting like low-lives. And either way, presidential scholar or not, she's an insensitive and inconsiderate bitch.

RatPoison 7

She's really not. Ripped jeans and combat boots don't make someone seem like a "lowlife". OP was being noisy and picking on someone who was minding their own business. If he doesn't like how she looks, he doesn't have to ******* look at her. She's growm, and I'm pretty sure she can do what she wants. Colleges want smart people, and I guarantee they couldn't give two ***** about dress or personal habits unless they're really overboard.

Please explain how torn jeans, combat boots, and smoking makes someone a "lowlife" Paul.

NiceGuysDoWin 21

#243 - Smoking makes someone a low-life? Judgemental much? She was minding her own business, and didn't become rude until the OP decided to make comments about her choice of clothing.

Dressing the way she did does NOT! Make her a low life. You don't have to dress and act like a snob to prove to anyone that you're smart. OP was just some inconsiderate judgemental asshole and not EVERYONE in the world can afford designer clothes. By the time people get to college how they dress should be the least of their worries.

And I suppose you think everyone is wrong because they don't agree with your fascist idea of what a smart person should look like and act like? Smart people can see beyond your delusional standards and wear/do what makes them happy. How dare you judge their worth based on something as meaningless as how they choose to dress and smoking cigarettes.

NellieeNell 18

Her comeback would've been ten times better if she didn't say"suck my dick bitch" but overall it was a good comeback. Lol

Op said "shouldn't be representing the school in such a manner" that is why the person was described. Op never said that the person was dumb or anything else to imply that op was judging. When giving college tours op's job is to make the school look desirable and good to prospective students while giving them a tour.

knoxxx 22

Yeah, to go up to some random student on campus minding their own business and call them out for what they're wearing in front of a crowd of prospective students sounds very judgmental, makes the school look WAY more undesirable, and it seems like pretty awful representation to me. Like if I was in that tour I'd be thinking, "Wow, I don't want to go here because if I'm having a bad day and wear sweats to class, I'll get my effing head ripped off by some random jerk. Like this who the school wants me to see as a good role model, everyone else must be far more rude!" So what if she was in ripped jeans? I would want to go to school with diverse students, not a school with only people who dress and think and act the same.

YDI OP. It was kinda jerky to tell some random stranger what to do. You're not at a friend's wedding. Live and let live