By Anonymous - 15/10/2014 17:07 - United States - Tuscaloosa

Today, I was leading a tour of my university and saw a girl in ripped jeans and combat boots smoking a cigarette. I told her that she shouldn't be representing the school in such a manner. She shot back: "I'm a Presidential Scholar. Suck my dick, bitch." FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 792
You deserved it 58 729

Same thing different taste

Comments

All im seeing in these comments is "Don't judge other people." Which is good and all until it's followed up with a judgmental comment. Let's try not to be hypocrites.

Aren't you judging those who are judging OP for being judgmental? You see it's an endless cycle and an unavoidable consequence of existence. If you are going to call someone out for being a hypocrite then you must first admit you are one yourself.

But they are fair in pointing out those who are judging OP and saying he/she deserves it are also judging- the same thing that they are comdemning OP for. Either it can't be avoided like the endless cycle you say #198 therefore OP can't be blamed, or it can be avoided and therefore other commenters should not fall into the trap in also judging.

Notice I said "let's" as in let us. I included myself in that statement. Also, pointing out the fact that someone is being hypocritical isn't the same as judging since it is based on a fact. I didn't say the commenters were wrong for pointing out the fact that OP was judging the girl. I just simply said we, including myself, shouldn't complain about someone being judgmental if we are going to be judgmental as well. I think it is wrong to assume OP is an "ass", as one comment referred, simply because they did something rude one time. We cannot just assume they are always like this. That is judging.

Judging does not imply an absence of fact. All judgements are an interpretation based on perceived facts. The issue is that judgment cannot be avoided. At some point people are going to have to judge what is right or wrong, so you asking people not to judge is like asking time to stop moving forward. It simply cannot happen.

I wasn't asking people not to judge. I was asking them not to be hypocritical.

Moral of the story: Mind your own buisness

That's your own fault. She does well AND minds her own business.

I don't understand why there are so many ydi's; many schools have dress codes and standards of conduct that are expected to be kept by all students in order to appropriately represent their school.

Raivyn_Grimm 9

Perhaps it's just America, but universities pretty much never have dress codes. Oh, and the whole presidential scholar thing just shows that she has earned the right to not give a shit what people think.

Was never a dress code at my Uni...we did have a code of conduct though which stated smoking in designated Areas only

I smoke. And thats hilarious af I'm sorry.

I don't care what kind of scholar she was. It doesn't matter. It's college. C-O-L-L-E-G-E. What's YOUR problem with how she looks? People who don't take the opportunity to express themselves in college are missing out, because few people get to do so later in life, once societal norms get their strangle hold on each of us and try to dictate how we act and look. You need to chill out.

Well aren't you judgemental. serves you right. How is ripped jeans and smoking a terrible image? I admit I don't agree with smoking, but seriously you are too uptight

quarterbird 18

Ummmmmmmm... Yeah. So, how about you NOT judge people by their outward appearance AND mind your effing business. YDI

It's not your job to tell others how they can dress. This time YDI !