By gooddriver - 15/10/2009 03:18 - United States

Today, I was involved in a wreck. How quickly did the police arrive at the scene? Very quickly, considering he was the one who rear-ended me at a red light. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 732
You deserved it 2 086

Same thing different taste

Top comments

hmm...u should probably walk over to him an say "License and registration please"

he can't issue a ticket if he's involved... another cop should come.

Comments

I hope you were able to get as many witnesses to stay as you can (despite the fact that it's usually illegal to depart a scene after an accident, people do it anyway). There's no reason a cop should find him or herself to necessarily be completely honest about the situation since, of course, it would be their word(s) against yours - in which the cop almost always wins - unless otherwise provable in a court of law. I hope you have a good attorney, some solid witnesses, or the good fortune to have been hit by an honest cop, otherwise you're screwed.

You're not alone in your "annoyance." I have yet to have a good experience with cops, and I've dealt with them more than I should have. All the ones I've had to deal with are power hungry, self-absorbed dumbasses who never had the brain capacity to become anything else. MOST of them are absolutely useless. (I say most because I have hope that there are cops out there that aren't so corrupt and moronic.)

i'd love to be in this situation, i'd make that pig's life hell.

Cops are people too, they make mistakes. As long as he's not being an asshole about it, let it go. I don't see why this is a FML...? Accidents happen. It would be a FML if he blamed you for it and didn't take responsibility.

i'd prolly be feeling a whole lot of FML if i got rear ended and my car needed repairs.

Knowing the cops they probably said it was your fault too.

...And his cruiser cruised no more. :[ Turn the tables on him and ask him for his insurance. If he doesn't provide it, arrest him. Nah, the gubbermint will pay to get your car fixed. The fuzzies have insurance for situations like this.

noshitsherlock 0

AWESOME, NOW YOU CAN SUE AND MAKE MONEY!!!!!!!!! His dumbass fault, and he was on the job - the police department is responsible!

People like you are what's wrong with tort

Yes, cops annoy me too! Like the ones who become cops straight out of highschool, then go and party with their underage friends, but go bust some other kids the next weekend for drinking underage.

Wow, someone got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning. Or should I say "Who got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?" lol. Is your attention span really so small that you can't even read the next sentence?

kristidgranger 3

so who got the ticket or did her run from the scene. or Just write himself his own ticket