By Buggga - 22/08/2009 09:07 - Australia

Today, I was instructed to shave my back in preperation for my first tattoo. I'm a girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 075
You deserved it 12 593

Same thing different taste

Top comments

everyone one has hair on their back. hair has to be removed for a tattoo. you're not special

That is standard procedure when you get a tattoo. Calm the **** down. It's not the end of the world.

Comments

sublime93 0

Thank you for crapping on my FML experience.

It doesnt mean you are hairy. When I got my tattoo on my upper arm, they shaved it first, there isnt very much if any noticeable hair there. They always shave you before a tattoo. Im not voting either on this, its not a ydi it because its standard and your life isnt ****** because its standard... Maybe its a ydi for not knowing that they always shave you before tattooing you. Do some research maybe?

I put ydi because OP should have done research before booking her tattoo

OMGitsKaleyxo 0

great. im gonna have nightmares now. but i hope u get the hair off. no guy wants a hairy girl. hahahhh.

^^ doesn't mean she's hairy..everyone has hair, you even have hair on your back! apparently you're saying no man would wanna be with you since "you're a hairy woman" too? smoooooth one!

alexm501 0

16-You speak like you know from experience. Do you in fact have a hairy back and nobody wanted to be with you?

inlove325 0

you're supposed to shave your self before you get tattooes.

Thats just procedure, its nothing personal. The top of my foot had to be shaved for mine, and the top of my mates back had to be shaved for hers. This is truely a stupid FML, I'm off to discuss small children wearing offensive tshirts.

i suggest you wax or something of the like so it doesn't come back gross

Oh I hope that doesn't happen to me. I can't see my back so I wouldn't know-- Wait what? STANDARD? #13 are you serious? You'd have to shave every day because the hair will grow back worse wouldn't it? =S

acd23 0

If you only shave an area once it wouldn't grow back hairier than before. It's when you start shaving an area regularly that it starts growing back thicker and darker. Since this is a one time shave the make sure the area is smooth, it should be fine to grow back as normal.

b0rnxfam0us 0

You are not smart, so stop pretending to be; you're just embarrassing yourself.

WitchCirce 0

Technically speaking, shaving hair doesn't make it grow back any thicker or darker. It only APPEARS that way because it grows back with a blunt edge from the razor instead of a natural tapered edge.

that might be the dumbest thing i've ever heard in my life, even after this idiot's original post.

blackxmortals 0

if you think that's the dumbest thing you've ever heard, maybe you should try listening to yourself. because that was actually a fact.

I just got a tattoo on my upper back between my shoulder blades. It's been a week and a half and it's not "growing back". The hair is fine and like peach fuzz so it's not going to come back.

cryssycakesx3 22

thank you 76. I wish people would stop spreading this old wives tale. it's so stupid. it's like saying not to cut your hair or it'll grow darker and thicker. it's the same thing. when you think about it doesn't even make any sense. how will it grow thicker from shaving. jfc.

I'm pretty sure every girl has hair on her back. Get over it.