By Anonymous - 26/09/2010 11:29 - Turkey

Today, I was in my hotel room. I picked up an expensive wine from the mini fridge, just to see what it is. I heard a mechanical "bling". I was charged for it. Then, I tried to put it back, only to hear another "bling". I was charged twice for expensive wine that I won't even drink. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 721
You deserved it 10 940

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iluvchanman 0

can't u just explain the problem to a manager? if not, that sucks!

ikickyourdog 0

maybe the 2nd bling was it uncharging you

Comments

Just give it back unopened so you don't get charged. No ur life dosn't suck...u just need to use ur head.

irinanea 2

you can always talk with them, they are obligated to solve the problem! ;)

BS. You just tell them it was an accident, someone comes up and checks that the item you moved is still intact, and they remove the charge. If you actually paid for it, especially if you paid for it twice, then it's your own fault.

banananut 0

Ugh, i hate when hotel rooms have those delicious looking snacks right in front of you but they cost like $20 per like gram. it's ridiculous.

Well once you were paying for it, you may as well have drunk it. Unless you don't like wine or something, in which case just show them the full bottle and ask for the charge to be removed.

I went to istanbul on hotel in august this year and I just went for water from a shop near the hotel, and I got food from a family that I know form online. Best holiday ever.

sourgirl101 28

Hotels bank on people like you that are too shy to explain what happened. I do believe there might be a grace period. Keep in mind some people raid the fridge and then try to replace the items later before checking out. I tried to do that with a coke one time. Boy was I wrong! Now I just tell them to keep the fridge locked at all times.

And you didnt think to call up the hotels customer service or whatever and explain what happened and see if they could take the charges off because...

so thats when you call the hotels customer service manager and explain [with the FULL bottle of wine that you havent drank] that this was a mistake and you do not deserve to be charged. im sure if you calmly talk to someone it can be taken off your bill. crisis averted.

YDI for being a winer, for not putting a cork in it, for not having a grape time in Istanbul, for thinking something chianti be done about this, and for not believing that life's a cabernet. Talk to the management; if decant do anything about this, then tell them there'll pinot end to the trouble you'll cause them. Swear at them in such a way that you'd make a sailor blush, and white to your travel agent! When he's red your letter (or email, if you don't live in the stone age), he might see that it's a matter of great im-port.

*raises glass too* Go Trollz, you awesome giraffe! But keep your tongue in your own drink rather than stealing everyone else's too :P

Yes! *raises glass* To Trollz! A real winer, I mean winner.

sourgirl101 28

Cheers to Trollz! I like your way of Riesling.

*takes a bow* *uses 4-foot tongue to steal others' drinks* *shtumblesh on outta thish plashe*

*about to drink* DAMMIT, TROLLZ! *shakes fist*