By Anonymous - 26/09/2010 11:29 - Turkey

Today, I was in my hotel room. I picked up an expensive wine from the mini fridge, just to see what it is. I heard a mechanical "bling". I was charged for it. Then, I tried to put it back, only to hear another "bling". I was charged twice for expensive wine that I won't even drink. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 721
You deserved it 10 940

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iluvchanman 0

can't u just explain the problem to a manager? if not, that sucks!

ikickyourdog 0

maybe the 2nd bling was it uncharging you

Comments

weslahc 0

goin through the minibar is a YDI for bin stupid but it's an fml cuz u got charged twice

The only reason I can see for not calling the front desk is if they don't have a single representative who speaks English, as you clearly do. Assuming you're actually in Turkey, that is. And, if the hotel is expensive enough to have a high tech mini bar (I've stayed in some pretty nice hotels, and never seen one like that!), I can guarantee you that they can find a translator for you.

call reception and explain that you were just looking at the label. simple

valtraxman69 0

Guess you could say your bling was expensive. OH YEAH!

Everyone knows you can't touch that stuff or else they'll charge you for it. YDI for being dumb and not knowing that.

That's either a really bad design or a really clever design. I'm guessing they aren't very friendly about fixing stuff like that so you feel intimidated to correct the problem and thus they get you to buy stuff from the mini bar.

Rule of life 5089: NEVER PICK UP ANYTHING FROM A HOTEL FRIDGE NOR PUT IT BACK DOWN AGAIN AFTER (Unless you have specifically asked if the things in the fridge are free.) And OP, kindly expalin your situation to them (as you have proof of the mistake since the wine is still goddam there.)

You should call the reception for refund. In hotel everything is talkable.

kristineszLIFE 0