By Anonymous - 24/01/2011 07:29 - United States

Today, I was grounded for not agreeing with an article on dating my mom found in a very strict magazine. The article told parents to monitor phone calls, make rumors about their children cheating on people and not allow their children anywhere but home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 499
You deserved it 3 141

Same thing different taste

Comments

MiGman 5

weird I think my girlfriends parents may have read that too

Clearly your parents are world-class jerks, and so stupid that they can't even come up with ways to torture their kids by themselves; they have to get their ideas from a magazine. Feel like retaliating? Call the police and tell them that your parents are keeping you locked up in the home and making you 'do things' that scare and hurt you. See how they like it to be locked up and have nasty stories spread around about them >:D

Seriously though, what is up with USA people? I never heard these kinds of stories from other countries... I hope your mom comes to see that this is bullshit. I mean, to what age would such thing even go on? How old was she when she met your dad? Or are they divorced or something, that makes her so bitter she doesn't want you to date?

Maybe you should start paying for your own phone? I don't know how hard that is over there, but I live on my own and I do it, it's pretty easy.

Bludmagnus 13

I do not need to tell you your parents (especially your mom) suck, but I think that it is hilarious that the same state that allowed all of the things that happened in that town-wide cult that Warren Jeffs guy ran allowed something like that published. But then, they were probably saving you for the guy who is at least thirty years older than you who already has more wives than the male lead on "Big Love" and they were just wanting to cut through the competition for him.

ManaUser 0

Why would an article on dating your mom be found in a very strict magazine?

kimmykimkim 0

thats how my parents treat me and i am 19, its not so bad! if you weren't so sex crazed you wouldn't mind :) $10 says you end up living with your partner before marraige, and have a kid. Thats what America has come to.

PikaKitty 0

.... yeah, I'm waiting till marriage, have been in a relationship for a year and am not sex crazed. -.- I never said I had it bad, I'm just annoyed.

whats wrong with sex before marraige? or living together? or having a kid? why do u all have to conform to a christian concept? honestly, i lived with my partner before we were together and nobody sees a damn thing wrong with it. its been like that for a year now. and yes, would you believe it, i am 17 and not pregnant! Now, isn't that a shock? I noticed american families are overprotective and have complete nutcases for parents. I feel sorry for the younger generation in america. Makes me love australia, we're free here!

Kebby8D 2

The only real thing Americans have a problem with is teenage pregnancy...not living together before marriage or even sex before marriage. Teenage pregnancy is viewed as disgusting mostly because adults do not believe teenagers are ready to raise children..which is true, we're not. Living together before marriage is actually very common in America and nobody really seems bothered by that. Sex before marriage is also very common and again, nobody really seems to be bothered by it...these messages are mainly directed towards teenagers just to keep them from having children before they're ready and financially able to provide for it. However, not everyone has the same views...strong Christians do believe that living together and having sex before marriage is a sin, however, strong Christian values are often ignored in recent times :/

Kebby - Wanna know why? Because atheism is on the rise, dammit. Not everyone needs to adopt Christian values, especially if they aren't of the same faith!

Kebby8D 2

I never said anything about people needing to adopt Christian values. I am a Christian myself, and I have my own opinion upon what is right and wrong, but I agree, I don't think anyone should be forced to conform to these values. And yeah, atheism may very well be why this is happening, I get that.. I don't need you to shove that in face... I never asked why this was happening...

You're complaining that Americans (and others) don't accept and follow fundamental Christian values, such as no sex before marriage etc. They don't accept and follow them because they don't believe. Simple as that.

Kebby8D 2

I wasn't complaining. I was explaining to the girl that not all Americans believe that sex before marriage and living together before marriage is a sin. I honestly don't give a damn about whether or not you have sex before marriage....I'm not a very strong Christian...I don't care. Stop trying to start nit-picky arguments in order to make yourself feel smart and superior. I read your profile, I know what you're doing.

Kebby- That's nice that you read my profile, but I really don't care. See, you worded your comment in such a way that you seemed like you were complaining and that you did in fact care about who has sex before marriage and who doesn't. I'm sorry you worded your comment badly, but maybe you should pay attention to how people may interpret your comment from not on so this doesn't happen. I'm very opinionated and will freely comment on whatever I see fit. Don't like it? Don't respond, chickie.

Kebby8D 2

I've reread my comment a couple times so far and I'm pretty sure it doesn't come across as a complaint. I'm pretty sure it's just you. You come across as a very negative person so I think you just misread my comment in a negative fashion. Nothing in that comment indicates that I was complaining...the only opinion I expressed was that teenagers aren't ready to raise a child...which doesn't necessarily mean that I think sex before marriage is wrong. Maybe you should think twice before you respond to someone's post and make sure you read it right. Seriously, get over yourself.