By elevatorjerk - 02/09/2009 13:01 - United States

Today, I was going to work and got in the elevator. I was going through my bag for my phone and asked the man in the elevator to push the button for me. He gave me a look of death before I realized he had no arms. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 678
You deserved it 13 948

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Then how did he get in and choose his floor in the first place? I'm calling shenanigans.

Comments

I agree. ´*•.¸(*•.¸♥¸.•*´)¸.•*´ ♥«´¨`•°αυ∂яιиα°•´¨`»♥ .¸.•*(¸.•*´♥`*•.¸)`*•.

How did he get on? Don't you have to push a button for the doors to open? And before the dickhole comments come in let me answer now... 1) He could push it with his foot (which I have seen done). In that case it shouldn't be a hard task for him to repeat, and if he can't then he isn't trying hard enough and not meeting his potential. 2) Somebody could have pressed the button for him. In this case he should pay it forward and stop being an asshole. How is he gonna hit the button? See #1

Then how did he get in and choose his floor in the first place? I'm calling shenanigans.

whatheffers 0

someone else couldve pushed it for him, then gotten off on a floor before that.

Mirequetz 6

Agreeing with Max, "someone could have pushed it for him and got out" it just too much of a coincidence. Anyway, if it was true, he should have noticed him/her looking through his/her bag. I'm pretty sure it's not the first time it has happened to the guy.

lifeislife_fml 0

It could have been just his forearms that were gone. Or even if he didn't have any arms at all, he could have gotten in the elevator with somebody else, though the way this FML is written, it seems unlikely.

Lone_Wolf_099 5

I was gonna say his lower finger but how would he get it out to hit a button? if its to High for that he can nub it.

He didn't choose his floor. He probably would have waited for someone else or the op to press the button. Damn. Some people are just dumb. But u were in a rush and there is no way u could she known op. Fyl

screwtaylor 0

He could have used his tongue to press it. How selfish is he!

I was thinking the same thing, but not with his tongue. ;D

screwtaylor 0

Totally. The OP could pull the guy's pants down and he could do it like that.. what they do next is history. :P

Depends what floor he needed to push... the buttons for higher floors are usually 'higher'...

Yay, you're back! I was going to say, "What's the problem? You've got a ******* nose, don't you?"

He managed to push the button to make the doors open and his own floor's button, I'm assuming. :) Totally! Bow chicka wow wow. That raises the question of how he goes to the bathroom alone....

kukopia, If the OP lived on a high floor, she could always show him her **** to help him reach the button. Unless she had nasty **** and then would end up in the parking garage.

ahahah. that last statement is genius.

what would he have done without you? shouted at the buttons? bull shit

youthink_fml 0

expecting a stranger, someone you obviously hadn't even made eye contact with, to do anything for you, even as simple as pushing that button, because getting your phone is more important just shows how important you think you are. and pretty self-centered too. push your own button and get your phone after.

deja54 0

What? No, that's not a reasonable assumption at all in any civilized society.

There are still plenty of ways for him to push a button... He could just use a straw in his mouth to push a button, use his foot, or even use his arm stumps as long as they aren't too wide and can still hit just one button.. Hell, there are even prosethics if he can afford it as well.. I could go on and on forever. But yeah if this is actually true it's ridiculous of him to give you a mean look. As for you, just press the buttons yourself first and then look through your bag next time.

udeserveitxXx 0

well honestly if theres a next time she really needs to think about why there are so many armless people everywhere

You could have just said "Oh my God, I'm so sorry," and moved on.