By diamondsareforever - 18/07/2009 20:19 - United States

Today, I was going to propose to my girlfriend. On our way to the Space Needle I was pulled over and promptly arrested. Apparently, I had recently purchased a car from a man who had robbed a jewelery store. The ring is now evidence. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 357
You deserved it 3 367

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tick_tock 0

Your life is awful. I'm really sorry, that is terrible. Well, I guess your girlfriend now knows you were going to propose... I hope she still said yes!

If you have a receipt for the ring you're OK. Sure it sucks being inconvenienced.

Comments

piddly_03 0

this makes absolutely no sense. if you bought the ring from the jewlery store BEFORE it was robbed, how in the hell could it be evidence? it was gone before it had the chance to be stolen. also, if you bought the car from the dude who robbed the store, you should not have the same plates as he had on them. the cops may have pulled you over if they were looking for that specific car, but once they saw you were not the robber you would not be arrested. and the dude who was talking about his girlfriend being an accomplice and all that shit is insane. she has absolutely no connection to the crime. she would not be put in jail.

deabruzo 0

Fake, why? Because you'd register the car in your name. It would have DIFFERENT license plates to tie it to the robbery. I've never called fake before, but this one is way too obvious. Before we even mention the issues with having a ring receipt.

That's my thoughts, #50. I can see not having a receipt for the ring if it was a family heirloom, but the rest just doesn't make sense.

Sure, he'd have different plates if he got around to the DMV. Shockingly, however, people don't always go straight to the DMV to register a car after they buy it. Since he bought the car recently, it's quite plausible that he had not yet gotten around to it. Also, what's the issue with the ring receipt? As #54 pointed out, it could be an heirloom. Even if it isn't, I wouldn't expect him to have the receipt on hand! This is likely a large investment for him, so that receipt should be kept on file somewhere it won't get lost or damaged. Meaning he couldn't just show it to the officer. Now, it's quite likely that he could go home, retrieve the receipt, and then take it down to the PD to get his ring back, but that doesn't affect whether or not the FML is true.

neji218 6

It could be a ring passed down jerk.

You mean you had bought A RING from a man who robbed a jewelry store????

I honestly don't know anything about the logistics involved here, but if this really happened, I'm sorry. FYL for sure.

odamn_123 0

sounds kinda fake. but i mean if its true that would really suck

laomaostu 0

don't you have the receipt of the ring? if you also buy the ring from the robber, you can at least show your check payment as evidence!

I hope whatever cop that was that pulled on you loses his job, family and turns to drink in order to forget the horrors of his cockup. What a dick

nanab10 0

you really shouldn't say that. that's exactly what happened to my dad. he's been drinking nonstop since november and making death threats and stuff. it's pretty sucky.

Stupid question, but whats the Space Needle?

that sucks man. i hope everything works out and that she says yes? and #64, theres a thing called google.. pretty helpful when you use it. even has pictures and stuff.