By diamondsareforever - 18/07/2009 20:19 - United States

Today, I was going to propose to my girlfriend. On our way to the Space Needle I was pulled over and promptly arrested. Apparently, I had recently purchased a car from a man who had robbed a jewelery store. The ring is now evidence. FML
I agree, your life sucks 62 357
You deserved it 3 367

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tick_tock 0

Your life is awful. I'm really sorry, that is terrible. Well, I guess your girlfriend now knows you were going to propose... I hope she still said yes!

If you have a receipt for the ring you're OK. Sure it sucks being inconvenienced.

Comments

I take your FML to mean you were planning on using the ring you found to propose? If so, you 100% deserve it. If not, then what did your proposal plans have to do with the story? You just confused things by adding that.

laughs_a_lot 0

i agree with xf0rg0tt3nx , showing the reciept should be good enough. frick thats unbelievable. wasnt the ring in a box? or did u just have it sitting in ur pocket or something? balls dude.

eva92hboo 0

i think he meant he bought the ring from the dude, not a car. And yea that sucks..hope u get it back or atleast ur money to buy her another one

No, he definitely bought the car. That's why the police pulled him over! If it had just been the ring, the cops couldn't have pulled him over for a stolen ring they couldn't see. No, the likeliest scenario is that the cops saw the car, pulled him over, and the ring was evidence because someone has expensive jewelry in a car that was just used to rob a jewelry store. The cop probably thought it was an obvious step that the ring was stolen.

It doesn't say that either. It says the man that he bought the car from robbed a jewelry store...so I guess the cops pulled him and arrested him because he had purchased the car from the other guy and since the other guy had robbed a jewelry store they assumed the ring may have been stolen. I have no idea... This is the most confusing FML I have ever read.

To those still confused...look at the bottom of the page, where my post and the one below mine explains it.

neji218 6

I think he already said what he meant. Reread the fml and stop being slow

neji218 6

I think he already said what he meant. Reread the fml and stop being slow

impislurking 0

Aw. That's where my dad proposed to my mom...

Hairpastafreckle 0

Excuse me, but has anyone heard the phrase "I before E, except after C"? Thus, reciept is actually receipt. Anyways, FYL, OP. It sucks that your big day was ruined.

That I before E theory is a load of bollocks (see, it's so horrible that as an American, I'm actually using proper English to describe my distaste of it). Need proof? neighbor (I before e?) sleigh (I before e?) science (except after c?) Einstein (I before e?) leis (I before i?) Please don't use 'rules' that aren't even real rules. Kthx.

While you are correct that the rule is bullocks, your examples suck. For one, the proper phrase is "I before E except after C, or when sounded like A as in neighbour or weigh". Thus, going through your examples, neighbour and sleigh are right out of the picture. Hell, neighbour's in the rhyme to begin with! Einstein is German and lei Hawaiian, so they don't really fit, either. Science is a good example, though! Better examples are either/neither, weird, and ancient.

This rule only applies to words with the 'ee'/iː sound. None of the examples you gave rhyme with 'receipt'. You are incorrect.

Actually either/neither are examples of that sound.

ziqi92 0

its one of those sad sad days where everything seems alright then goes all wrong....fyl fo sho.

Sambo110 0

Surely you have a receipt, or proof of purchase, of the ring? Or you can go into the store for proof you bought it?

ChefBoy6382 0

show them the reciept and your scott free.....moron

BS. If they knew who the guy was, it wouldn't matter if you were driving his old car or not. If they didn't know who it was, but they had the make, model, and tag number (and why did you have his tags on your car?), then YOU would be in jail. Not only that, but the car would be locked away safely in the impound yard, and your girlfriend would likely be in jail too as an accomplice. So, you got arrested on grand theft charges, got your girl arrested on accessory charges, your car impounded, your engagement ring seized, AND you got bailed out of jail, AND the best thing you can think of doing is getting on here to complain about it? Or you could just be making up a really lame story. Congrats. If you're for real, I'd be spending every moment I could with my girlfriend. You may not be free much longer. Then again, she wouldn't be either. You just won't be in the same jails, I'm sure. You did remember to put up bail for her when you got out, right?

44: Fail, for bad extrapolation. Why exactly would his girlfriend be in jail? How would she be an accomplice? It's not like she had the ring yet, or was legally bound to him before they even got engaged. However, it's true that he shouldn't have had the same license plates if he legally bought the car. And I hope he's still got the receipt on him somewhere for the ring.