By TheBRADLeyB - 16/04/2009 18:52 - United States

Today, I was going 73 in a 55 on a country road when an oncoming cop passed me. He pulled a U turn. I turned off the main road and took random turns. I got lost, was 30 minutes late to work, and the cop still found me and gave me two tickets. I had to ask him for directions. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 559
You deserved it 96 789

Same thing different taste

Top comments

castnerinho 0

thats what you get for not just pulling over and accepting the ONE ticket you wouldve got

Comments

Serves you right. Plus... going 20MPH over the speed limit = Reckless Driving in most states. Yeesh. Some people don't deserve cars

I'm surprised he's not a woman. I thought only a woman would do something this dumb.

kirstensmook 0

you're such a sexist bastard gender makes absolutly no difference.

npk1112 0

I feel sorry for you.....but only because you are a complete moron. Where do you live? I hope its nowhere near me because I wouldn't want to be driving the same streets as you!

As a pre-law criminal justice student who studies this stuff full time every day, I can safely say that about 75% of the posts in this thread are totally making stuff up. Yes, they can radar cars going the other way. That technology has existed for over a decade. No, it's not okay to drive 15 over. In nearly all jurisdictions, 5-10 is the acceptable warning range with ten at the ABSOLUTE outside. No, it's not okay to lie challenging the ticket in court. It it's proven you're lying on the stand you have committed perjury, and now you are a felon. The simple answer is to quickly pull over. Police appreciate the prompt response and open apologetic admission of guilt. Every police officer I have ever talked to (very many given my field of study) has told me that about 75% of the decision to cite or not to cite comes from attitude and honesty. Laws exist for a reason, and you reckless morons that think you're above them are damaging society.

exactly. dont speed. it's dangerous to yourself and others. i hate it when im driving 50ks in a 50k zone, and everyone speeds past me, and beeps at me. so ******* rude. im doing the right thing, because i want to, and its safer. its not like im going 10ks under. anyway... probably woulda been cheaper to reknew your liscence than pay for the tickets.

0 3

**** DO NOT drive over the limit! That is a crime that claims the lives of too many victims! I hope you realize now that driving is one serious task that deserves your full attention!

Tough shit, you get no sympathy for being a ****. YDI

That's one of those things you never do. Just tell him that you were running late to work and apologise and hope you don't get a ticket. I tried that stunt once, it ended in my car getting impounded on the cause that I may have been hiding drugs.

l33tm0nk3y 0

Dude...you don't try to outrun or lose a cop. That's just dumb. They're bound to catch you eventually, and you only stand to increase your penalty. Just pull over and take the damn ticket.

try driving at the speed limit. I have no sympathy for people who think that the speed limit doesn't apply to them.