By Anonymous - 09/09/2015 21:12 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I was driving down a completely empty street when a cop pulled me over for no reason at all. When he approached my window, I began to get defensive until he informed me I was driving the wrong way down a one way street. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 258
You deserved it 24 745

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'd say "no reason at all" is not the right wording in this situation. There's no way there wasn't any other indication that you were driving where you shouldn't have been.

The majority of cops are there to help you. Co-operate with them if you get pulled over and nothing bad will happen.

Comments

How do you not notice you're on the wrong side of the road?

Well, it depends on the street. Just last week I saw a car drive the wrong way on a road near my home. It is absolutely impossible to enter it the wrong way by accident. The next intersection (the one it was coming from) makes it physically impossible. But then I thought about it some more and realized they might have just parked on that street earlier, and when they pulled out they forgot it was one way. And some one way streets are very easy to enter the wrong way, with only a sign 'blocking' you. All it takes is one brain fart to do it.

happysmile987 24

Hey, it could have ended worse. Don't be so quick to judge, OP

I'd say "no reason at all" is not the right wording in this situation. There's no way there wasn't any other indication that you were driving where you shouldn't have been.

OP said "no reason at all" because in that moment, they didn't think there was a reason to pull them over.

Like all of the parked cars facing the opposite direction.

The majority of cops are there to help you. Co-operate with them if you get pulled over and nothing bad will happen.

He stated a fact. I've never seen a video of an incident where the person actually listened to the cop. They are always not listening. If you are a dick or ruins the chances of the cop being friendly/pleasant.

I had a cop pull me over because he thought I was drinking a beer while driving. I was drinking root beer in a dark glass bottle (it did not occur to me at the time how this looked, oops). I was really nice and the cop seemed pulled back by it, like he was expecting me to get mean or something. I apologized because I saw how me drinking out of such a bottle could look bad and then offered him one. We ended up clanking our bottles together and laughing about it. He was a good guy, I wonder if he will see this comment...that would be awesome!

I once got pulled over about 400 metres from my house at 12am, the cop was super friendly and just asked me to do a breath test - I cooperated and it was over in a minute. Be friendly to them, and they'll be friendly back.

It serves you right for not paying attention to the road signs. YDI.

Was it a busy road? Couldn't you at least see some cars going towards you?

To answer your question - no, OP mentions in the FML that it was a completely empty street. Regardless though, still not a justifiable excuse for driving in the opposite direction. Total YDI.

FalloutScrolls 25

I did the same thing once; I was totally was high off that maryjane though and didn't get pulled over.