By TheBRADLeyB - 16/04/2009 18:52 - United States

Today, I was going 73 in a 55 on a country road when an oncoming cop passed me. He pulled a U turn. I turned off the main road and took random turns. I got lost, was 30 minutes late to work, and the cop still found me and gave me two tickets. I had to ask him for directions. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 559
You deserved it 96 779

Same thing different taste

Top comments

castnerinho 0

thats what you get for not just pulling over and accepting the ONE ticket you wouldve got

Comments

dripinwet 0

I did that once.. only I turned into a church's parking lot and slid in behind the church's van!!! He neer found me!!!!!

Haven't you ever watched COPS? Running never works. YDI.

YDI all the way. When a cop is coming for you, just STOP. Don't try to run! I'm surprised you didn't get arrested for evading police.

#11, you disgust me, the OP was going significantly over the limit and you think he should lie to protect himself? Either follow the speed limit or sell your car and give up your drivers license before you kill someone, you irresponsible morons.

thecornmast3r 3

Hell yea man, that's what we should do to all the morons that think they own the damn road

WIDRR 0

lol #15 no one follows the speed limit. so basically the entire country would have to give up their licenses. I doubt you yourself follow the speed limit all the time.

effineffyourlife 0

I surely do. Its irresponsible and dangerous not to. Not only are you putting yourself in danger but others as well and that is selfish.

thecornmast3r 3

Only time you need to go the speed limit is under hazardous conditions such as ice.... Any other time if it's good conditions, a car with good brakes can stop within a reasonable distance. A car going 30 can stop just as well as a car going 20.

#13: Of course, that's also because they don't run the ones where the perp gets away. That being said, most cops are pretty good at what they do. That being said, if he didn't have his lights on I'm not sure you were actually evading. #15: You know that the 55mph speed limit was forced on the states with the threat of pulling interstate highway funding in the 70s as a fuel saving measure (same time they started trying to build cars) and has NOTHING to do with the safe speed of the road. A properly built highway (4 lane divided or rural interstate) is built to a spec that can handle a 70mph speed limit, which means you can usually safely go 80. Look it up.

And did you know that most county roads are two lanes and winding?

#11 you are awesome. Few would take out the time to write the contingency sentence about the OP's sex.

Your fault for being such a dumb ass.

that_guy01 0

I agree #16, the people who go on about breaking the law when people speed or don't completely stop at a stop sign or something else along those lines piss me off. It's just ridiculous. But this guy deserves it for thinking he can evade a police cruiser by taking random turns. Even if you were in a lambo or something insanely fast, you can't run from the radio. YDI

I would have done the same thing, how would the cop not know you just needed to go that way... unfortunately he caught up to you, yea that sucks he caught up to you and then you had to ask for directions, getting yourself caught. But being polite and cooperative doesnt always work... they will still give you the ticket. and for those of you who dont know cops can radar if they are stopped, moving, and going either direction... so most likely he does have your accurate speed and he wasnt just "guessing"!