By Emily - 05/12/2012 17:55 - United States - Boston

Today, I was diagnosed with pneumonia. My breathing is short and heavy, and I wanted my boyfriend to comfort me. Instead, he called me Darth Vader, patted me on the head, and said, "Don't worry, the Force will be with you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 705
You deserved it 4 340

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

I gotta Han it to you, that's a pretty Lukewarm response. You probably look pretty Wan, and you might have to Leia in bed for a week with this! Yodan't have to take this crap from him! Tell him to Fettch you some cough medicine and your antibiotic. You'll be back in the Lando the living in no time!

Yep, that's pretty much all of them. With one fell swoop you dis-Droid all hopes of other pun-runs, like it was a Walker in the park. All other other attempts will be weak; I could try to X-wing it, but it would be a Wookie attempt at best, and a bit Forced.

Indeed. This comment was no Ewok in the park! But it seems you and I R2 of the only ones to get it.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

This thread was great. I love Star Wars.

Don't Fett too much about it, Doc, and don't let it take the Windu out of your sails. Me-Binks that these people just don't appreciate good puns, and are thumbing you down for Alderaan reasons. Let Qui-Gons be Qui-Gons; it was a great run.

OP's boyfriend's darth humour seems to be very sidious

Obey_StudBoii 23

The force is strong with this one

perdix 29

That is comforting . . . just start worrying if you get a series of super-sweet texts from him -- that means he's been whipping out his light saber with some other chick.

At least he didn't call you Yoda and say, "Be with you, the force will."

justhanging 6

So, you have a contagious disease and you decided to hang around your boyfriend so he could catch it? And, you're concerned that he doesn't care about YOU enough?

rieebee 23

I heard it "can" be contagious but it's difficult to catch. What the hell? When you're sick, you want to be comforted-- not left for dead because others fear of catching it. Wash your hands, load up on vitamins and take care of the ones you love! Chicken soup, please!

Pnemonia isnt contagious. What triggers it though is. Usually the flu. So it can start as the flu, and then it could turn to pneumonia if you aren't careful or have a weak immune system.

justhanging 6

"Some cases of pneumonia are contracted by breathing in small droplets that contain the organisms that can cause pneumonia. These droplets get into the air when a person infected with these germs coughs or sneezes." 5 seconds spent Googling "how do you catch pneumonia"

CharresBarkrey 15

Of course pneumonia is contagious. It's either viral or bacterial, which are both contagious.

helpfulperson 9

And that's when you turn to him and say :"You have failed me for the last time!" As you crunch his nuts with the full power of the Dark Side

They should already have the complete star wars set

There seems to be a lot of head-patting today. Is it just me, or do you get completely pissed off when someone pats/touches your head?

krs7g4 8

That sounds like a normal response.

barefootchic 6

Some people just don't know how to express concern. He was probably hoping you'd laugh and humor would make you feel better. As I hope you will, OP!