By Anonymous - 19/02/2010 05:31 - United States

Today, I was complaining to my roommate that I never get asked out. Then, at work, a mentally challenged man left me his phone number on his pay ticket. Well, I guess I can't complain about never getting asked out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 465
You deserved it 7 341

Same thing different taste

Top comments

AngryNinja 1

poor man. he probably doesn't realize he's different. don't bitch about it, i feel bad for him. :(

Creepy older man would of been worst.

Comments

Beggars cannot be choosers. Mentally challenged people are awesome! They will rarely argue with you and will usually laugh at anything you do. Of course, there was that one time in Venice, Italy...

I assume that since you didn't know this man but in a short time where able to tell he had some sort of developmental delay that this poor guy has a sever form of disability, not one that is easy to "hide". Having been around kids with similar disabilities, I say there is a good chance that this guy has not had it easy. Because kids with mental disorders process information and social interactions differently than most, they come off as very strange to some people. It's easy for other kids to pick on them for this, to mock them in ways that they think these kids don't get and they enjoy that feeling of intellectual superiority when in truth most of these kids do - even if belatedly - realize they are being treated as outcasts. So I would have to say that for a man who may have grown up in this type of situation - constantly being mocked, belittled, treated as a child and not even a well liked one, but a freak - to have the courage to flirt with a woman he found attractive in some way... I mean, I grow up smarter than most kids in my grade level and I still stumble over asking guys out. That takes some amount of strength. Oh, wait. I'm sorry. I forget that this was about how ****** YOUR life was because a boy worked up the courage to ask you out even though he's - gasp - mentally retarded! Ew, how gross and icky! I mean, to be asked out by someone who you find weird, that's like the worst thing that could happen, right? I couldn't even click YDI because, honestly, I don't see how you do deserve to have a guy find you sweet enough to ask out when you clearly don't even have the decency to see how he is just like any other boy trying to ask out a girl, but instead all you care about is how his grossy, icky disability might reflect on you. Sorry, honey, but you don't deserve it, or to have any other boy ask you out for that matter.

How could anyone be happy in a relationship with someone who is at a completely different mental level? I can't believe all the posts on this FML. OP is not complaining that she was asked out by a mentally challenged man. Maybe you would like to re-read it? All of you? She complained that before him, nobody ever asked her out. You can be friends with someone who's retarded, but when it comes to a relationship, get real, man. You wouldn't be able to communicate properly with each other or have the same kinds of interests.

You could ask guys out instead of always waiting to be asked. Man up and make use of your feminine wiles.

VeryNice329 0

waiting on guys to ask you out equals a life sans dating. if you want something take charge and do it yourself. things do not just fall into your lap. also, go him for having the gonads to make a move. he thought you were pretty and you complain about it online? you're doing him a favor...now he can date someone who likes him for him.

honestlove11 0

sorry,but i can't understand your meanning...may be i'm the one of the mentally challenged guys who you make fun of.

retards dont count so no you can still say i never get asked out

Proof that the universe has a sense of humour.

I know a couple of women who never get asked out. It doesn't matter how they look, it's their attitudes.

mshafty 0

Incorrect! these women you know are ugly. A hot woman will be asked out even if she is a raging bitch who is also mentally challenged! ...actually most women are kinda of raging bitches who are mentally challenged, so I guess being ugly is the only real factor!! :)......joking ladies, but i'm sure ill will still get plenty of anger thrown my way!!

Okay. I'm busted They are ugly. But they seem to think that it's okay to be stinky, loud, bossy, fat and have that superior attitude.