By Dx - 06/03/2011 07:18 - United States

Today, I was babysitting for my usual. After putting the baby to sleep I put some popcorn in the microwave and went to the bathroom. When I came out the whole kitchen was filled with smoke. One of the neighbors saw and called 911. I'm out of a job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 229
You deserved it 34 881

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you can't make popcorn, you probably shouldn't baby sit.

christa953 12

you're out of a job, they're out of a microwave.

Comments

UTTU 0

Today, I left the neighbor kid at my home to babysit. She tried to burn down my house by microwaving popcorn for 10 minutes. Now I need a new microwave (and a new babysitter). FML

First you sit on babies AND you nearly burn down the kitchen?! Geez, get some help! Ah, jk. This actually reminded me of a picture I saw of Homer Simpson making cerial, yet he somehow managed to set the bowl on fire. Anyways, Stay away from microwaves......and popcorn.

*cereal. I tried to edit my comment, but my internet is so slow!

sorry but babysitting is not a real job lol

Canchan 12

I assume you had your baby! What did you name him?

YDI because I'm a babysitter as well, and you should know if you put anything on the stove or in the microwave, you have to stay and watch it. You can't try to be a badass and multitask. You ffaaiill.

if you can't make popcorn, then how the he'll are you responsible enough to baby sit? ydi

Fragmonto 5

You should set the microwave to 2 minutes ONLY. Anything higher than that will probably burn the popcorn.

I don't quite understand why this would cause you to lose your job. Who actually stands by the microwave while the popcorn pops?? I know I sure don't. Unless you set the microwave for 8 or 9 minutes I don't get how it could burn that badly.

Kezia23 0

Well the fact that they don't have their shit together enough to properly microwave popcorn calls their ability to be responsible for watching a child into serious question....