Emergency cooking

By YoshiSqu4d - 31/07/2020 20:01

Today, I managed to set off the smoke detectors while cooking burgers. The cops and fire department showed up. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 129
You deserved it 362

Same thing different taste

Top comments

tounces7 27

Well I hope they like their burgers "well done".

It would have been easier to just call and invite them over for lunch than to set off the smoke detectors to get them to come over.

Comments

tounces7 27

Well I hope they like their burgers "well done".

It would have been easier to just call and invite them over for lunch than to set off the smoke detectors to get them to come over.

Everyone likes burgers! You should call 911 and have them send over hungry EMTs. You don't want to leave out any first responders from your burger party.

genuinegoodguy 9

They don't show up just because your smoke detector goes off. So either this is B.S., or someone called them abd reported a fire

tounces7 27

Some smoke detectors are tied into alarm systems that alert the fire department.

This happens about once a month at the apartment complex I live in. The alarm has a direct connection to the fire department. Then the tenant gets charged $40 for them coming out! Luckily! I haven’t set them off yet, I’m a careful cooker because of this.

crazy_joe 15
YoshiSqu4d 17

Was making burgers for myself and the alarm goes off, I disabled it, or so I thought... (It's linked to the security system, which alerts the fire department). Cops and FD showed up while I was in the middle of eating, had to tell the officer that nothing was wrong while I had mustard on my fingers, which he pointed out... lol so that was fun! The burgers were worth it though.