By tryscal - 12/07/2009 04:35 - United States

Today, I was attempting to teach a bunch of 2nd and 5th graders on why it's so important to face your fears and try your best. It was going pretty well, until I was attacked by a pair of butterflies. I am afraid of butterflies - I ran away screaming like a little girl. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 278
You deserved it 56 848

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Nomad609 0

YDI for letting your fear get the best of you when you should have acted tough in front of your students. Practice what you preach. Then again.. Seriously, butterflies? LMAO XD

dRose22 0

Can't imagine what you would do if they were bees.

Comments

FML. It's nice to know I'm not alone in my fear of butterflies... but moths are worse. *shudders*

staringatnothing 0

butterfly O_o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that fear my good sir is why you get a dog or cat, mine seem to love eating insects, although my youngest cat stupidly eats wasps and bees

amatayo 0

so why were u giving this talk if u do not apply what u say. smh

ShenziSixaxis 0

I think this an FML... being scared of butterflies is.. odd, to say the least.

Seti_fml 0

I really don't think the OP deserved it. I'd assume he was talking about fears like public speaking and things that can get in the way of being successful in life, not fears of different creatures. He also wasn't prepared to face this fear when it occurred obviously, otherwise the result may have been different. for the record, i feel your pain OP.... I've always been petrified of worms the same way you are with butterflies.

The kids are probably afraid of things like vicious dogs, bullies, molestors, things like that. I'm sure it made a great impression when you ran screaming over butterflies. You get an 'A'!

kira822_fml 0

You're afraid of butterflies? Thanks. I thought I was weird by being afraid of a guy in a hockey mask with a machete. I thought I was weird.

Lol I never heard about butterflies attacking... How can a butterfly attack anyway? By hitting you with their wings? Geez, that can be dangerous. Butterflies wings can be lethal. Maybe that's we call the butterfly effect.......

Epic Fail at thinking you know what the butterfly effect means. Shut up.

you're incredibly stupid if you thought they were being serious about that being the bfe.

i've never seen butterflies attack. i've seen them flutter gracefully though... :D it's ok though. we all have our fears!