By master baiter - 12/08/2013 17:11 - United States - Brooklyn

Today, I was at a job interview for a position I really needed. Somehow, the interviewer and I started talking about fishing. I joked, "I'm a master baiter." Needless to say, I didn't get the job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 878
You deserved it 43 693

Same thing different taste

Top comments

olpally 32

Haha, Giggity. I would have hired you for saying that! :D good luck in the next job interview.

Comments

olpally 32

Haha, Giggity. I would have hired you for saying that! :D good luck in the next job interview.

Didnt you know? The job market really needs people who can give sexual references

friedpwnadge 25

Hope you whacked them off your list and found another position where they'll accept you :)

Come on, man. "Whacked them off" but not even "position to fill"?

\ 28

I don't think the joke was well-received by the interviewer.

friedpwnadge 25

57, I think the joke petered out on you. Case in hand, it was a stroke of luck I was able to make a pun at all. It's nothing to beat myself up over, and nothing for you to shake a salami at.

If I interviewed OP, I would have immediately made him my right hand man.

Alright kids, that's enough for tonight. Time to hit the sack

Should have also mentioned your gifts on being a top hooker.

PterodactylMan 23

Usually cracking a joke it fine tho

alonzo368 5

only if its appropriate lol which this clearly wasn't

mmyoung979 14

"How do you catch an iMaster?" "iMaster bait"

If he doesn't know how to laugh off a small, hilarious, harmless mistake , you might not want him as a boss. But that is so funny!!

I don't think it was a mistake, OP did call it a joke.

I know at my company, we have constant sexual and other harassment training, and that joke wouldn't fly. He may find it funny, but his job as a manager requires he do something about situations like that or face discipline himself. If a person is willing to do inappropriate jokes on an interview, they'll likely do them in the work place also. The manager didn't really have a choice there, in good conscience.

Making a crude penis joke at ones own expense is not sexual harassment. Maybe if it was an obvious come-on I could see your point, but as it stands there is no evidence of sexual harassment here.

Companies tend to have broader definitions, Just it being sexual on nature can be offensive to some. To meet sexual harassment doesn't mean you have to be coming on to someone, they could just be making others uncomfortable. A few years ago I worked in a closed room with large glass windows and an intersection between two major sections of the building. We had many attractive women passing by, so some of the guys made a little joke of making a "bow chicka wow wow" noise when someone hot walked by, and a sorta failure sound when the opposite occurred. They were in a closed room, so the women couldn't hear, and no one was coming on to anyone. Still, HR got involved, interviewed most of the room, and in the end, two participants got fired. If it makes a coworker uncomfortable, it can be harassment.

I'm surprised he didn't find that funny.

Maybe you shouldn't tell jokes on job interviews..

nismo98 14

ahaha some people need a sense of humor!

Never say stupid stuff like that in a job interview,even if you're joking a big YDI.

Let me guess you left singing "if you cannot be with the one you love, love then one your with".

Next time, try to keep it reel if you want the job Hook, Line and Sinker.

Damn I wish I could thumb you up more than once

Don't carp, Lomas, you'll always have the comments to express yourself. If not, best if you shoal-ong.

#21, That one wasn't so good. Oh, and I spell Lomus with a u, not an a. You know, grammar Nazi and all that. #24, that one was.

My apologies, Lomus, I'm sure you can forgive a tiny error just this once. :)