By eww - 13/06/2012 06:13 - Austria - Vienna

Today, I was at a big family reunion at my aunt's place. Before dinner, I went outside in the garden for a smoke. Through the kitchen window, I saw my cousin spit in the soup. Twice. My aunt patted his back and continued stirring. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 876
You deserved it 2 603

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pavlovaaLOVE 7

Take the liberty to piss in the soup u make when they go to your place :)

yoursucklives 36

lovely family you have there... and: i'm from austria too. i don't know why, but i love reading fmls from my country!

Comments

pavlovaaLOVE 7

Take the liberty to piss in the soup u make when they go to your place :)

JocelynKaulitz 28

At least you're aware. You could have been eating it unknowingly

mm spit soup. dont you know that's the best soup there is?

I guess your aunt thought it was spit pea soup instead of split pea soup

39- but to think that coincidentally Op saw the act the only time that has happened is unlikely. Op has probably ate/drank spit before:/ plus that is unbelievably boric and disgusting!!!!!

ThisIsMyReign 4

Did you tell anyone? I wouldn't have let my aunt and cousin get away with that. If my family did that they would most likely be disowned.

Could it be a witch ritual to make all of you slaves of the cousin, in the not too distant future?

Would've been worse if you had eaten the soup first and THEN noticed the soup spitting....

Really? Would that not kill the point of spitting in the soup if everyone has already eaten? It's like wiping your ass first and then doing a shit.

CaramelMacchiato 13

I think what she means is it would have been worst if OP never saw this happening because then OP would have eaten the soup like everyone else, unaware of what was "spit" into it.

XxHoPPoxX 8

How can you spit in a soup that has already been eaten?

Llama_Face89 33

I think 3 meant that it would have been worse if, after eating the first batch of soup, OP noticed the kid spitting in a second batch. While they wouldn't have known if the first batch had been similarly treated, the possibility would be there.

"Taste this soup and tell me if it needs salt?" "Hmmm, it's missing something."

LoganBurrito 6
yoursucklives 36

lovely family you have there... and: i'm from austria too. i don't know why, but i love reading fmls from my country!

I feel bad for OP for having a family like that.

That's funny... If you're American/English #2's username comes up as "yoursucklives" when it should be "yourlivessuck" but the syntax transfer from Austrian to English translated it to have the incorrect order. (if you're English)

Andrew910 5

I wonder what they did to all the other foods

Pasta with special Alfredo sauce *shudders*

CaramelMacchiato 13
william8691 10

Women love the Alfredo sauce lol

Tali147 16

I would say, better safe than sorry and not eat any of the food. Or...if you really like spit, the soup is probably delicious.

Or maybe they were a part of "Project Mayhem"....

What's wrong with you folks? Don't you recognize a Chuck Palahniuk reference when you read one?

In all honesty, I have no idea who that is. And I don't really want to google it because, honestly, I don't care.

yoursucklives 36

actually, it's one of my favourite books. but i don't think the space monkeys spitt/peed in any food, only tyler did.

#41 it's okay if you don't know, that just means everyone has been following the first rule.

Just stop...your attempts at having comments that get thumbs up are pathetic...

I thought this thread was awesome, personally. But that may only because I love chuck palahunik

Tali147 16

Maybe the soup spitting is a family tradition. OP isn't upset that the soup was spit in, but that it was supposed to be their turn and the aunt played favorites. That would upset even the best of us...

thiscrazything 1

That's when you need to be fast with the camera on your phone, and you could have shared it with your family, as they sat down to eat the spit flavored soup.

perdix 29

You're right, but in Austria, they don't think the Soup Nazi is very ******* funny at all. Expect a lunatic fringe that snaps their heels together, holds out their 3 dollars at arm's length and declares "Soup, heil!"

lowie89 7

When you sit down to dinner, wait until your cousin has eaten a few mouthfulls and then whisper in their ear "oh, I forgot to mention I have a real bad, itchy rash on my crotch. I wouldn't use that spoon if I were you. That's not croutons floating in your soup". Just fill up on bread OP. FYL

kaymi 17

What if they also made the bread?