By racello13 - 02/11/2015 15:26 - United States - Baldwinsville

Today, I've been robbed. I came home to find my oven door missing. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 453
You deserved it 1 813

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm sorry that you have been burgled but having your oven door taken is pretty funny.

Comments

This is likely someone you know who has been in you house and has the same oven.so simply replaces theirs with yours instead of buying a replacement. Really strange burglars or you have really scummy houseguests!

I'm guessing that your thief was looking for a quick sale of scrap metal. Bet it took a lot more effort than for the few dollars that the door went for.

Shadowvoid 33

Thats's really an unexpected thing to have stolen all oven the sudden.

They didn't even need the door; they were already baked enough.

When is an oven door not a door? When it's aja- I mean, when it's been stolen out of your house.

Haha, I did not expect this to get published... Actually, I think FML edited my submission a bit. This happened a couple of days ago. Originally I said something like "Today, I came home from class to find my oven door missing. FML." It's definitely funnier to think that it was stolen, but I know who took it: my landlord. My oven door handle has been broken (mostly missing, actually) since we moved in (in August). My landlord ordered a new one, but apparently his people installed it in the wrong apartment. Not sure why they took the broken one. We did get it (the broken one) back the next day, and he promised to bring the new one on Monday, but it's Monday now, and it's not here! Sorry for the novel-length comment. I think this whole situation is FML-worthy, to be honest...

So... It's Tuesday. Did they fix it yet?

I sort of forgot about this! It was finally, FINALLY fixed on November 9. I thought my roommate's mother was going to cry when she saw it for the first time today. Now if only we can get our cracked windows replaced...

My question is, what would they be doing with an oven door? Weird

It's unfortunate that you asked this one comment after OP explaining the situation.

I saw it, but what if there was another reason? Like who would wanna waste their time getting someone's oven door off only to just sell it for a small sum of money

I'm not surprised... Do you know how much an oven door is worth on the black market?!?