By notpregnant - 21/12/2009 18:12 - United States

Today, I updated my Facebook status to "It should probably be called Unplanned Parenthood." My cousin, seeing the status, failed to pick up on the sarcastic humor. She called all my family members and tell them that I was pregnant. Including my husband in Iraq. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 875
You deserved it 14 015

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I dont even see the sarcastic humor in this. What an asshole of a cousin aswell.

I don't see the humour either. Can someone explain the joke to me?

Comments

well, that's just a weird thing to put as your status..

Wow, all this over a facebook status. 'Spose we should all limit our status' to something crystal clear, politically correct, and "usual"....

OP may not be retarded for thinking it was remotely funny, but certainly is for setting something like that as her status. Of course it's going to be misinterpreted, dumb ****. Sarcasm can't be seen from a mile away, but that should have.

BikerMike 0

Your cousin is a dumb **** for not getting the joke and spreading the misunderstood line. You are a dumb ass for using facebook/myspace/twitter.

Half YDI for putting something silly and easily misinterpreted as your FB status, but half FYL for having an awful cousin. Who would do that srsly.

Stupid cousin.. but with facebook, when you post something that can mean more than one thing, always assume at least one person will think it means the worse situation possible.. in this case: you being pregnant

BringBackSunday7 0

Clearly your around 15 years old, the last two sentences dont even make sense nor follow basic grammar. If this were even remotely true, she would have called and TOLD them you were pregnant. Once again, she didnt call your husband in Iraq because that's not possible. "She called all my family members and tell them that I was pregnant. Including my husband in Iraq. " Do everyone a favor and shut up.

Just cause her husband is in iraq doesn't necessarily mean that he is in the war. A lot of people actually live in that country you know.. and they don't all live in tents and ride camels. you'd be surprised. i mean. some houses over there even have TIVO! shocked aren't you?

You want to talk about basic grammar... learn the difference between your and you're.

And dear, I happen to be fifteen, and am appalled at your grammar.

BringBackSunday7 0

Oh I bet you feel really smart now.

BringBackSunday7 0

I hate to break it to you, but you have no idea what your talking about. So stop trying to be a know it all and act like you know the whole story, because no one on here does.

BringBackSunday7 0

And dear, I happen to be fifteen, and am appalled at your grammar. #89 - On 12/21/2009 at 10:29pm by RoxyRaccoon - reply Send a private message I can tell because that entire sentence right there is completely screwed up. You happen to be at fifteen? Try again.

When you're talking about your age, you say "I'm AT such-and-such amount of years?" Good lord, ya weirdo.

In French, you would say "I HAVE 15 years." Go figure.

Ok, lets examine that sentence shall we? Personally, I think english grammar is a constantly evolving system. Today's rules will be obsolete soon enough. But I'll play along. "And dear, I happen to be fifteen, and am appalled at your grammar" Beginning the sentence with "And" is acceptable. It's informal usage of the conjunction, but in this case it's more efficient, and more powerful, than merely beginning the sentence with "dear". Journalists and authors do this. "happen to be __blank__" ^^ A common phrase. I don't see the problem with it; any noun phrase or adjective works. Since the phrase is frequently used to describe the subject's current state of being, why can't age fill in the blank? Besides, in the blank, noun phrases and adjectives are more common than prepositions, which you prefer. "and am appalled" The subject "I" is preferred, but not necessary, as it's understood that she is still referring to herself. An ellipsis does only refer to ". . ."

Ya no prob. 'Tis good practice for writing papers and acing the SATs...

Epinephrine_fml 0

You totally deserved it. It is obvious that you did not make your statement clearly on facebook. What you put there can means a lot of things. When I first read it, I thought you were pregnant. You deserved it!