By thefifthdoctor - 10/12/2013 06:04 - United States - Seattle

Today, I had to listen to fellow classmates whine about selling one of their many houses, while I can barely afford to pay for a $100 textbook. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 865
You deserved it 3 460

Same thing different taste

Top comments

JMichael 25

Stay in college OP, and someday you could be one of those many people.

Comments

JMichael 25

Stay in college OP, and someday you could be one of those many people.

strawberrywine22 30

Yeeeaaah...when I was 18 and working at Burger King, our store manager was a woman who had graduated high school two years early (and of course she was on the honor roll) and then went to a university and had two or three degrees, one of which was in some high level of sciency crap that I couldn't even pronounce. She left BK a few years ago and now supports her family by running a daycare. Her house was recently foreclosed on and her car was repossessed. College is great, but it's no guarantee of a happy life.

Why would you want to be one of those people? They sound like awful miserable snobs.

PulseShock 9

Not to mention the MASSIVE student loan debts you will accumulate if you can't get a full scholarship like most people.

You could differ the student loans though. It's not permanent, but I'm sure it helps a lot.

OP don't listen to anyone who tells you college is a waste. Those aren't the people you want advice from anyways. Choose a field that is booming and interests you and go for it! No matter how hard you work it'll pay off in the end. Always does for those with enough nerve.

Did everyone skim over the part where 1 said "could"..?

Most people don't go to college ! Let alone full scholarships !

You are a student. They are wealthy adults. Life isn't always fair or equal. Want to fix it? Buy that textbook, study hard, and eventually you'll be able to buy their houses.

Well that just makes my comment look completely stupid and ridiculous now. Thanks a heap, Alan.

Hard work does not always equal a payoff. The world is not fair, it's time to stop telling kids it is.

doubtful, my degree makes me zero dollars a year

hunts19ketchup 23

That doesn't mean everyone's degree doesn't earn them any money

Envy isn't nice but I know it must have sucked to hear that. Hope things get better for you, OP.

jonahwalzer 12

Just be smart with your money, one day it will really pay off.

Don't get hooked on anything, be smart with your money, and stay in college,

fucMyLifeSoHard 18

Well I can tell you one thing right now, going to college is not being smart with your money. While it MAY make you money in grand scheme of things, you will be paying off student loans for the rest of your life if you don't get a full scholarship.

graceinsheepwear 33

I'm guessing you weren't playing Monopoly at the time? ('Cause you know they could get hotels for those houses.)

You win big time with hotels if someone lands on them.

100$ isn't bad man. That's the sad truth of it ;(

Ali_Br_fml 33

Yeah, my biology textbooks each cost at least $400 (usually more). You're lucky if your textbook was only $100. I end up spending a bit over $1,000 for BOOKS ALONE each semester, so I work and go to school to pay for it all, and when I have vacations from school, I pick up extra shifts at work to pay for the next semester. It sucks when they make college specific textbooks, because those aren't always easily found online.

jayellef 3

Exactly!! I worked 3 jobs while In college, bought $100 books, spent much more on art supplies, but now as I'm getting ready to enter into a graduate program my husband and I are thinking about selling our home that we bought all while in college. There were times when I couldn't afford more than a cup o noodles for food. Just keep working on college it will pay off.

Then when you sell the books back (still in good condition might I add) they say "here's six dollars".

Make sure you stay in college no matter what. I'm sure you will be fine as log as you make it through college.

Don't worry OP, work your hardest at what you love to do and one day you can be one of those people!! :)