By Anonymous - 15/04/2016 17:06 - United States

Today, I tried to power through work on a construction site after a couple of sick days. I can't do anything without constantly sucking on cough drops. And it turns out that excessive consumption of cough drops can have a laxative effect. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 771
You deserved it 2 020

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Steve95401 49

I hope you're near the Porta Pottie during the work day.

Shit man. I hope you don't fall behind from taking so many breaks.

Comments

Sounds like the brand you had contained Xylitol.

Generally just the sugar free ones do that. Hope this helps!

That's why you relaxative when you're sick.

Umm... No, no it doesn't. I've downed more than 60 in an hour when I had an absolutely horrible sore throat. Not the best idea, but it doesn't really have any negative effects.

On the bag of sugar free cough drops, under warnings, it literally says excessive dosage may cause a laxative effect. I learned the hard way too..

I am guessing you got sugar free cough drops?

Sounds like a shitty shituation (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sorry, but the smiley face dose not make it any more ok to use that way overused pun on here.

OP might be making a connection with the cough drops that's really not there. Many times when you're sick, the only way to get well is when your body flushed out the sickness from throwing up or by the opposite end. His body might have had the same response with or without the cough drops.

It's probably the artificial sweetener in the cough drops. I know from personal experience it can have a laxative effect.

I knew about menthol poisoning but not laxative affect...learn something new Everyday