By UGGGH that was my 2nd attempt too - 04/09/2013 21:14 - United States - Pittsburgh

Today, I took my driver's test. The woman administering it wouldn't even look at me, so trying to be friendly I said the first thing I could think of, "It must be scary getting in the car with someone you don't know!" She failed me for "excessive chatting." FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 068
You deserved it 5 036

Same thing different taste

Top comments

JuliaaNoelle 26

I don't think they're allowed to fail you for that. Some people talk a lot when they're nervous. Sorry, OP.

Comments

That sucks. I would've failed mine in that case, but luckily my assessor was talkative too so instead we had a nice chat. Surely it's better if they help put you at ease so you perform your best?

Someone needs to get some and not be so bitter.

I don't recollect that rule being in the handbook... Some people are just grouches.

Not the best time to come up with a funny comment, OP. Haven't anyone told you that when you do your driving exam you just go there and do what you're supposed to without worrying about the passenger(as long as you followed the rules)?

Third time is the charm :) you'll get it..,you could maybe appeal that...

martin8337 35

Well, I could see how talking excessively could fall under distracted driving. Maybe that was her logic?

All people who work at the DMV are miserable people. I got failed on my test because I was in the middle of an intersection when the light turned red.

Probably because that's technically illegal? You're really supposed to wait at the line if you're turning (though many people sit in the middle while it's green in order to be able to sneak through when it's yellow). And you're definitely supposed to wait back at the line even if it's green if there's traffic ahead of you on the other side of the intersection because you run the risk of being stuck in the middle of the intersection should the light turn red and the traffic ahead of you still hasn't moved.

bandgeek845 10

Did you take it in Woodbury Oregon?