By still had to pay - 23/12/2012 21:36 - Australia

Today, I took my 5-year old daughter to get a photo taken with Santa, when she asked the dreaded question of why this Santa looked different from one at the other store. Before I could placate her, some cunt of a kid yelled, "Because he's not real, dumbass!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 572
You deserved it 6 269

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

icychil 13

Well, if she asks, she doubts. Not too much harm done :) Or, then again, helping you to invent new fairy-tales (good for you).

Am I they only that finds it kind of messed up that OP got caught lying to his child and not many people think that is wrong? In fact, there are people now trying to help him continue the lie instead of telling him to be truthful.

It's just a bit of fun, I believed in Father Christmas when I was young and I'm glad I did.

My parents always told us the ones at the malls were just Santas helpers, and they would just report back to Santa!

The_F3rris 11

Why do people keep the santa lie alive? Its so stupid and eventually you have to tell them the truth anyway. Then see how much your kid loves you.

TeddyB88 4

Should have yelled back that maybe that's why his parents gave him up for adoption and maybe for Christmas they'll send him a card

I understand that people get upset because it is lying, but it isn't a harmful lie. When I was a child it was so magical - I loved it. But it is really up to your own opinions I think...

I dint understand why more parents don't do what mine did to avoid this. Mall and other Santas aren't always the real one. He's very busy this time of year so it's his elf or his helper. We tell my brothers this.

YDI for Lying to your kid in the first place

You then comment... That is correct sweetie, BUT that's because they are all his helpers... He is so busy I could not be down here... He is getting ready for the big night!!!! Just play it off.. People are just mean...

Did you then explain that Santa has to have helpers because he can't be everywhere at once?