By angela - 12/06/2009 04:06 - United States

Today, I thought my face was breaking out with pimples, and I thought it was weird because I never break out. And I noticed all these "bug bites" all over my body. When I got home, I realized those weren't bug bites. I have chicken pox, and my high school graduation is tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 293
You deserved it 3 716

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This happened to me ... for my primary school graduation. Damn sad. Hope you get over it soon. I haven't. It has been 4 years ...

Comments

That sucks, but if you did not, you really should have thought about a vaccination when you did not get the chicken pox by the time you were thirteen or something. As far as I know it works pretty well.

Vaccines do NOT cause autism. Just so you know.

What school graduates in the middle of June? Also chicken pox at your age can be very serious and possibly life threatening.

Chicken pox can be serious if you're older, but i think you'll be fine. high school graduation is not really important. btw, I've never had chicken pox.

@#54: A lot of high schools up here in Canada don't finish until early to mid-June. My graduation was last year on June 25th.

#54 - My school had our graduation Tuesday... Chicken pox can be a serious thing. I'd rather get it as a kid then get the vaccination, because I believe its been proven it wears off after a few years? I'm glad I got mine when I was a baby. It's good you're getting them now, instead of later. My friend had this exact same thing happen to him last year and he ended up being too sick to go to graduation. Just wear makeup to cover what you can, and don't stay very long. Plus, I know many people want to, but you don't have to go to your high school graduation.

scorpioserpent 1

I've never had it bc I was vaccinated =) I'm 19. But that sucks...chances are someone at school gave it to you anyways.

To everyone criticizing the OP for not getting the vaccine: Shut up There are a variety of reasons why a person couldn't get the vaccine. Maybe they didn't have health insurance or maybe their parents just didn't want them to get it; get off their case. Not everyone has parents that let them live in a bubble of vaccines and drugs. The vaccine isn't even a guarantee that you won't get chicken pox. Also there are lots of people who don't get chicken pox till they're older. It's not uncommon, my dad and my uncle both got it when they were in their early 40's. Chicken pox isn't something that everyone gets when they're younger, it's just that a lot of kids' parents like to expose their kid when they're young so that they get it over with. @OP That really sucks for you FYL. You really have to make the decision on what is the best thing for you to do. I hope it goes well, congrats on graduating!

I hate to say it, but you probably shouldn't go to the ceremony. :/ If there's people there that haven't had it, you could very easily spread it to them. And if enough people get it, local authorities can get all "wtf?" and perhaps trace it back to you, which is bad news.

Don't go, you are still infectious and others there may not have had it. Chicken pox is highly contagious once 1 kid in my class got it we pretty much all got it and gave it to our siblings/cousins/friends, who gave it to their classes....etc.