By angela - 12/06/2009 04:06 - United States

Today, I thought my face was breaking out with pimples, and I thought it was weird because I never break out. And I noticed all these "bug bites" all over my body. When I got home, I realized those weren't bug bites. I have chicken pox, and my high school graduation is tomorrow. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 293
You deserved it 3 716

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This happened to me ... for my primary school graduation. Damn sad. Hope you get over it soon. I haven't. It has been 4 years ...

Comments

It does happen my dad got it when he was an adult so its not that unlikely you dont have to be a young 'un to get it only andd you CAN get it twice.

xsw33tyx101 0

Duuuuuuuude, I'm sorry that sucks :(. You could probs still go, 'cause most people either have the shot or wud've had it already so you won't be contageous.

lifeasweknewit 0

Wow that sucks! Sorry :( Congrats on graduating though.

Awh! That sucks~! Well, Congrats on the graduation : D and I hope u feel better

Warm milk and oats for relieve to the skin. DON'T SCRATCH THEM! THEY WILL SCAR BADLY! I have massive pock scars on the back of my head, but not my face, phew. Get well soon. P.S. Pocks in later life can be fatal.

Today, I'm sitting here trying to justify why I voted YDI and I can't. I'm an a-hole. FML

You Could probably still go to the graduation if you're feeling alright....most people there should be immune to them now by one way or another.

It's hard to say "don't go", but I'm an adult who hasn't ever had chicken pox. Over 50% of all deaths from chicken pox are from people over 20. It would be nice if insurance covered the vaccine OR the lab test to see if I'm lucky enough to be immune... Anyway, consider wearing a long sleeved shirt with long pants, and perhaps a face mask is in order (taken off for the getting-the-diploma-photo-op, of course). Normal advice about hand-washing, coughing/sneezing AWAY from others, and touching things always applies. Those things go a long way in preventing the spread of viruses. Anyway, congratulations, and hopefully you're feeling more blemished than ill.

That sucks! My graduation is in a couple of days and mothing has happened to me :-D